DroidCam Not Working

Go to solution Solved by TheBean,

try running the program in admin mode. 

try reinstalling the program.

try a different cable.

try using droidCam over IP and see if it still causes issues. 

I see that one of the error messages says something about adb. see if enabling usb debugging in the phones developer options helps. 

I'm having issues with DroidCam. Whenever I try to run it via USB, it will work for a few seconds and then the video feed stops. I have to restart both the program and the app to get it working again, trying to restart the feed without doing this results in an error message (on the computer side) about how adb.exe can't run, or some-such. I have reinstalled the program on both the computer and the phone, still doesn't work properly. I think it's a computer issue, as that feed always cuts out first, that said this is my first time trying it on my current phone (LG G6).

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

try a different cable.

I see that one of the error messages says something about adb. see if enabling usb debugging in the phones developer options helps. 

20 hours ago, The_Vaccine said:

try a different cable.

Thanks, it turned out to be the cable. As so often happens, the fix is something stupid and easy.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.