Mouse recommendation/advice

LpoolTech
Go to solution Solved by PCGuy_5960,

If you want to completely avoid double clicking issues, look for mice with optical switches. The Razer Viper, Deathadder v2 (and their more expensive wireless versions) and Basilisk v2 have optical switches and the newly released Roccat Burst Pro. Alternatively, you can get a Glorious Model O/D and increase the debounce delay if it ever starts double clicking. 

I think the Deathadder v2 or the Basilisk v2 might be the 2 best options based on your hand size and grip preferences (Deathadder v2 is on the larger side though). The Viper is quite good for claw, but could be quite uncomfortable for palm grip. The Burst Pro is really good for claw, but maybe too small for palm. If you can try any of these mice in a store, I'd recommend doing so.

Hi There! 

My last 2 mice started double clicking after 6 and 8 months periods (first one was some no brand one and the second one was a Roccat Kain) I wonder if this such common occurrence? The more I research the more I think that the switches they use are not up to par. What kind of switch should I get/look for? I pay some FPS but mostly story driven games. I use claw grip  when gaming but when working I find palm grip more comfortable (hand size is 18.5 cm by 10 cm)

I'm looking for recommendations on what to get. my max budget is €100 but I would prefer spend around €50 Euro and I'm located in Spain

Thanks

If you want to completely avoid double clicking issues, look for mice with optical switches. The Razer Viper, Deathadder v2 (and their more expensive wireless versions) and Basilisk v2 have optical switches and the newly released Roccat Burst Pro. Alternatively, you can get a Glorious Model O/D and increase the debounce delay if it ever starts double clicking. 

I think the Deathadder v2 or the Basilisk v2 might be the 2 best options based on your hand size and grip preferences (Deathadder v2 is on the larger side though). The Viper is quite good for claw, but could be quite uncomfortable for palm grip. The Burst Pro is really good for claw, but maybe too small for palm. If you can try any of these mice in a store, I'd recommend doing so.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

If you can try any of these mice in a store, I'd recommend doing so.

I live in a very rural community so can't try any of them amazon is my only option (plus some other online retailers) 

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

the newly released Roccat Burst Pro

I will never buy Roccat product after the fiasco with their support they refused to RMA the mouse and only solution provided was to get refund from the seller. (its ok but why wont you support your products?) 

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Deathadder v2 or the Basilisk v2

I will check them out! Thank you!

5 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

I will check them out! Thank you!

Just wanted to add, make sure it is the Basilisk v2 or the X Ultimate, the Basilisk X has regular mechanical switches.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Just wanted to add, make sure it is the Basilisk v2 or the X Ultimate, the Basilisk X has regular mechanical switches.

Ended up getting the basilisk v2 it was on offer for 55€. Deathadder v2 was 50€ but I like the extra buttons on the Basilisk. Thank you for your input!