Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

I am looking to build a sistem that can take air from back of the case and exhaust the hot air on the front case.

I searched for one but i couldn't find one.

If you know any cases like this please let me know.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

10 minutes ago, SDHartyChalL said:

Hello,

I am looking to build a sistem that can take air from back of the case and exhaust the hot air on the front case.

I searched for one but i couldn't find one.

If you know any cases like this please let me know.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

What you'll be looking for then is a case that is configured for at least 2 or more exhausts out the back, and then however many fans you want at the front, and simply flip the fans around. I would say you'd want at least 2 fans drawing air in. So just remember that on your fans air flows toward the side with the plastic cross bars. So, take that, buy a couple extra fans if you need to, or just transplant a fan or two from the front to the back, and orient them properly and you should get what you want.

But, may I ask why you're specifically wanting to exhaust through the front?

4 minutes ago, KageSong said:

What you'll be looking for then is a case that is configured for at least 2 or more exhausts out the back, and then however many fans you want at the front, and simply flip the fans around. I would say you'd want at least 2 fans drawing air in. So just remember that on your fans air flows toward the side with the plastic cross bars. So, take that, buy a couple extra fans if you need to, or just transplant a fan or two from the front to the back, and orient them properly and you should get what you want.

But, may I ask why you're specifically wanting to exhaust through the front?

I don't need dust filters in the back?

I want the hot air to be used to something like a radiator, not use warming the wall :)

1 minute ago, SDHartyChalL said:

I don't need dust filters in the back?

I want the hot air to be used to something like a radiator, not use warming the wall :)

There are cases that have filters in the back, yes, that could be a concern. Alternative (and what I would do, to keep my options more open) you can go to your local hardware store and find some screen window repair patches that cover your 120mm fan and have the finest mesh you can get ahold of, and spread the mesh where the screws go, and boom, Bob's your uncle.

4 minutes ago, SDHartyChalL said:

On this, have you considered focusing on top exhaust then? It sounds like you're trying to use your PC as a space heater which is... inadvisable. But, if you're going to do it, I'd go top exhaust over front exhaust.

Just now, KageSong said:

On this, have you considered focusing on top exhaust then? It sounds like you're trying to use your PC as a space heater which is... inadvisable. But, if you're going to do it, I'd go top exhaust over front exhaust.

There is always going to be hot air so why no use it as a heater(winter is coming),but do you have a link to one case in particularly that would have this features?

10 minutes ago, SDHartyChalL said:

There is always going to be hot air so why no use it as a heater(winter is coming),but do you have a link to one case in particularly that would have this features?

Best thing to do. If you really want to try this (I think you're in for disappointing results, either on your thermals, or your heating)

https://www.amazon.com/140mm-Magnetic-Frame-Filter-Computer/dp/B07BXYWJ9K

Just remember, to get the type of heat you're talking about, you'd have to be producing around 1200 watts of JUST thermal power. That would be REALLLY hot on your system. Chances are you're generating closer to 500 watts of total heat, which is going to dissipate well before it heats a room.

10 minutes ago, KageSong said:

Best thing to do. If you really want to try this (I think you're in for disappointing results, either on your thermals, or your heating)

https://www.amazon.com/140mm-Magnetic-Frame-Filter-Computer/dp/B07BXYWJ9K

Just remember, to get the type of heat you're talking about, you'd have to be producing around 1200 watts of JUST thermal power. That would be REALLLY hot on your system. Chances are you're generating closer to 500 watts of total heat, which is going to dissipate well before it heats a room.

I am not trying to make heater.

I am just reusing the tht is already coming from my pc.

Thx for help man.

1 hour ago, SDHartyChalL said:

I am not trying to make heater.

I am just reusing the tht is already coming from my pc.

Thx for help man.

I see what you are trying to get at, for using the heat produced by the PC to at least give you some warmth. 

I have a few questions though:

Where is this PC going to be sitting?

How close will you be to the PC?

And do you want it to blow the hot air at you, or just radiate it's heat to you?

As stated it won't be enough for your whole room, but yes, you can direct that heat towards you; that said, a blanket would provide more thermal warmth to you as it will hold the heat in your body gives off to the ambient air. 

Also, in that regard, the human body can lose up to 55% of it's heat through your head. 

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS