Refresh rate issue?

rmills55

Hi all! 

I've got an Asus Rog G703gx (rtx 2080 200w and i7 8750h, 32gb ram). I got a laptop and sold my custom built June 2019 because I take it to grandad to play flight sim in a carehome. Anyway since I rarely move it since this pandemic I can't visit I thought I'd treat myself. 

So I decided since im not a 'hardcore' gamer and I just play a bit of cod and few strategy games, the HP 27mx would do the job for a good price being on offer. (144hz, 1ms response, 1080p. 

So I recieved it yesterday, windows sees it as 143hz, checking online it says its hitting 143.983hz, and the one built into laptop is 144.013hz, approximately. 

Is this something I should ask for a replacement over since it is brand new? Or am I likely to just get same result? I know I'm not going to see the difference just thinking if it isn't right now is the monitor not going to last as long or something. 

Thank you all

Edited by rmills55

That's normal, the boxes 144hz is just an easy number to advertise. the actual refresh rate is not a flat and easy whole number.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

21 hours ago, Jumballi said:

That's normal, the boxes 144hz is just an easy number to advertise. the actual refresh rate is not a flat and easy whole number.

Okay thanks! I've got nvidia running it at 144.001hz and windows is seeing it at 144hz now so I'm happy 😂