Optimal Video Lighting?

Zonal

I want to record a video for my channel, a review video with the item on a table. I don’t have anything that would produce good light and it never really looks good. I tried using my iPhone X but I also have a Nikon D5300. Which should I use and do you have any ideas for lighting?

On 11/25/2020 at 9:04 PM, ZonalThrone said:

I want to record a video for my channel, a review video with the item on a table. I don’t have anything that would produce good light and it never really looks good. I tried using my iPhone X but I also have a Nikon D5300. Which should I use and do you have any ideas for lighting?

if you want good lights i suggest arri

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1363031-REG/arri_l0_0016335_s360_c_skypanel_led_light.html

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

2 minutes ago, ZonalThrone said:

Thanks! I was thinking something pretty cheap though. At least compared to that.

not knowing the conditions of the location you are going to film and the setup you want to use, i can't tell you what and how many lights you need.  maybe you only need 1 light, maybe you will need 10 lights

maybe 1 very good liught is sufficient, maybe you will need 10 lights if you buy cheap lights

maybe start with a kit like this and if you need, buy more.  or buy larger size versions of a kit like this that has 2 lights, power cables and includes stands
Bescor WAFFLE 176 Bulb LED 2-Light Battery and AC Adapter Kit

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

20 minutes ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

not knowing the conditions of the location you are going to film and the setup you want to use, i can't tell you what and how many lights you need.  maybe you only need 1 light, maybe you will need 10 lights

maybe 1 very good liught is sufficient, maybe you will need 10 lights if you buy cheap lights

maybe start with a kit like this and if you need, buy more.  or buy larger size versions of a kit like this that has 2 lights, power cables and includes stands
Bescor WAFFLE 176 Bulb LED 2-Light Battery and AC Adapter Kit

ok thanks for the help, I cehck them out