Random Computer reboots

chrisfrh

Hi guys,

Not so recently (maybe 1 month-ish) my computer started shutting down mid-session. It would then get stuck rebooting (like it would if RAM wasnt placed properly). Most of the time I needed to do something in the case for it to stop malfunction (like reconnecting the PSU connectors to the MB or the RAM sticks). It seems that everytime I have this problem it is harder to make the PC work again. I tried removing every component one day that I had the problem again (I ended up with only the MB+CPU+PSU and it would still reboot endlessly) so I took it all apart and reassembled (to make sure nothing was too tight/loose and not full of dust). Unfortunately its still acting weird. Today (one day after I reassembled it), it shut down randomly and got stuck rebooting and I had to turn the PSU switch off. However it worked fine once I turned it back on (I left it off for like 2 minutes). It loaded my desktop but then turned off again without me opening everything.

When attempting to fix the PC while it was in the reboot state I saw these:

• Once it seemed the computer wouldnt boot if slot 3/4 had ram in them (I used many combination of rams and it seemed all sticks were working). I removed the cpu and put it back in and I didnt have this problem again. Weird.
  • One connector pin from the PSU (MB connector) was way too deep and I had to push its cable to make the metal connector level with the other ones. It was still doing the problem after I fixed this tho.
  • Afterburner never seemed to say CPU temp was too high (it was generally 30-40 when idle and maybe 60 when I was doing stuff) when I was able to boot it to the desktop.
  • Sometimes after it could boot the MB tried diagnosing and fixing my windows and I think once something happened to the MB battery and it had to use the default bios settings or something like that.

Specs

• MB: H97M-Gaming 3 (Bios F3)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
  • RAM: HyperX blu Kingston 4GB (x4)
  • GPU: Geforce GTX 970
  • PSU: Cougar GX 1050W
  • Windows 10 64 bit