Best 3070

Beanman

Hi, I wanted to get a new 3070 for my first build and am trying to decide which one to get. I would like to get it as soon as possible and would like to have it between 500-550$ but can go a bit over. I have heard the founders edition is good but I don’t think I could get that. I do have a micro center nearby and that is a viable option. I would also like to be able to be notified when it’s in stock. If you have any tips for getting one I’d appreciate it.

is all similar

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Go with a triple-fan model if you can find one, but anything is really fine. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

4 minutes ago, Beanman said:

Hi, I wanted to get a new 3070 for my first build and am trying to decide which one to get. I would like to get it as soon as possible and would like to have it between 500-550$ but can go a bit over. I have heard the founders edition is good but I don’t think I could get that. I do have a micro center nearby and that is a viable option. I would also like to be able to be notified when it’s in stock. If you have any tips for getting one I’d appreciate it.

The best 3070 is the one you are able to get as all 3070s on the market are going to perform similarly (depending on clock speed and thermal design to some degree) and getting your hands on any gpu right now is akin to Indiana Jones retrieving the idol from the temple.    

I went with the RTX 3070 Founder's Edition because it's one of the few true 2-slot video cards, while most of the custom models are 2.5 slot or higher. If the # of slots doesn't matter to you, then they're really mostly the same; some will likely maintain boost clocks longer (e.g. Asus STRIX, MSI Gaming X Trio. Gigabyte Aorus) than others (e.g. Asus Dual, Zotac Twin Edge, MSI Ventus 2X), but even then you're looking at maybe 1-2% difference in overall performance. I'd personally only avoid the Zotac SKUs based on buildzoid's PCB breakdown... yes, Zotac followed Nvidia's minimum spec to a T, and doing so they've basically settled themselves at the bottom of the stack.

23 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

I went with the RTX 3070 Founder's Edition because it's one of the few true 2-slot video cards, while most of the custom models are 2.5 slot or higher. If the # of slots doesn't matter to you, then they're really mostly the same; some will likely maintain boost clocks longer (e.g. Asus STRIX, MSI Gaming X Trio. Gigabyte Aorus) than others (e.g. Asus Dual, Zotac Twin Edge, MSI Ventus 2X), but even then you're looking at maybe 1-2% difference in overall performance. I'd personally only avoid the Zotac SKUs based on buildzoid's PCB breakdown... yes, Zotac followed Nvidia's minimum spec to a T, and doing so they've basically settled themselves at the bottom of the stack.

I’ll try to go founders if not then EVGA