Front mount AIO configuration

mikeaditya

Hey guys, Im new here.. Im here cus I wanted to build my first PC and I hope I can get the answer I needed here.

Im planning to build my PC on a TD500 Mesh white and I was referencing the build on this guy on youtube called Gear Seekers (Ill link the youtube video below), then I saw him putting the radiator on front with the case fans but then I search on google that  most people say that its better not to use the case fans. What do you guys recommend? Is the build ok or should I move the case fans to the rear and top and replace the case fans with the new fans? (In this case I was going to buy the QL120 or MF120). Or do you guys have any other recommendations?

Thank you!

What is often the case with low~mid tier chassis is the included  fans are often low grade basic fans with no redeeming qualities or features. I with higher quality chassis they sometimes come with better fans that are worth something but most often chassis fans are meant for high air flow. With a radiator which introduces resistance to that flow they don't fair well with dense fin arrays.

SP fans (Static Pressure) which can often come with AIO coolers are better for forcing air through the radiator. With this in mind I would either use the fans that came with the AIO for the best performance or buy similar aftermarket fans.

9 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What is often the case with low~mid tier chassis is the included  fans are often low grade basic fans with no redeeming qualities or features. I with higher quality chassis they sometimes come with better fans that are worth something but most often chassis fans are meant for high air flow. With a radiator which introduces resistance to that flow they don't fair well with dense fin arrays.

SP fans (Static Pressure) which can often come with AIO coolers are better for forcing air through the radiator. With this in mind I would either use the fans that came with the AIO for the best performance or buy similar aftermarket fans.

I agree with you though, I think I will just replace the front case fans with the aftermarket fans (either MF120 or QL120) and put the case fans on top and rear.

Thanks for answering!