Home office setup question

DaMainMan

Hello everyone,

due to the fact that I am working from home 100% of the time now and being sick of doing so on my tiny company laptop, I have decided to upgrade my home-setup.

These are the components I would like to seamlessly connect and switch between preferably without plugging around cables:

Outputs:

- Gaming PC (DP out)

- Company Laptop with USB-C out 

Displays:

- 1x 1440p 144hz gaming monitor

- 1x 1440p 75hz secondary monitor

What components do you need to make this work? Is there a single docking station that lets you connect all components and switch between output sources? I of course will not make any sacrifices when if comes to refresh rate.

I don't need to switch between singles monitors though. Either both will be used for work via the laptop, or both will run via the PC. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, j.son19 said:

What are the connections on the monitors ?

Both will be Displayport (at least for the main gaming monitor -> the other one could be HDMI as well I guess).

10 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

Both will be Displayport (at least for the main gaming monitor -> the other one could be HDMI as well I guess).

Well with the company laptop depending if you want to use the usb c through a dongle to get more traditional ports back such as USB A ,SD card slot etc. But if you only need it for the display and if the port on the secondary is HDMI you can just get a USB C to HDMI cable and with loosing frame rate just get a high quality cable that is the latest stand which HDMI 2.1 I believe. And the same thing with the main gaming monitor a USB C to dp cable.

You still haven't said how many inputs are on the monitors but if there aren't enough you can just buy dp or HDMI switchers off of places like amazon and depending on which ones you can get ones which come with remotes.