GPU Wars

Well I'm in the market for a GPU and I was wondering if the R9 290 MSI Gaming was worth getting at like $470?

I was gonna get a 780 Classy but it's really pushing the budget.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Is it the refference design or non-refference?

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

Green team or go home

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Is it the refference design or non-refference?

Non

Green team or go home

I'll see what I can do Pantz

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It is a decent price for it. If I would convert the price of the card where I live to dollars it would cost 535 Dollars

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

Is a MSI Gaming a reference design.....

Oh lawd

I dont read all to well from time to time xD

Unless you want game streaming or G-Sync I'd go AMD. The 780 performs better in some areas(even then not buy a lot) but if the 780 is pushing your budget don't bother.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Green team or go home

FFFFFan boy alert!

Ontopic: Depends on if you want to spend the extra few bucks for the (in my opinion) better features from nVidia. Performance wise they are pretty similar ( where the the 780 is slightly better and cooler )