DOOM Eternal stutter with a CPU swap

polski8bit
Go to solution Solved by polski8bit,
27 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Have you installed AMD's chipset drivers? Usually Ryzen CPUs/mobos need those to behave properly. Assuming that's a single 8GB DIMM it'll hurt performance for your chip, but it shouldn't cause stutters like that AFAIK. 

Considering the fact that it works properly in other games, I don't think that's the case. Thanks for the reply tho.

I actually found the solution on Steam forums that is really dumb. If anyone else will have that sort of problem, in my case turning off "Present From Compute" option in Video settings fixed the issue.

Hello and as the title says. I've been playing DOOM Eternal since launch and back then, I had a Pentium G4560 as my CPU, paired with a GTX 1060 6GB from Zotac, together with 8GB of 2133Mhz of RAM. I had no issues playing on the High settings, duh, later on with a few patches it went actually up from locked 60 (no matter the settings and v-sync) to even a 100.
However, I recently swapped my CPU to a Ryzen 3 3100. The rest of my hardware is the same (except for the motherboard of course). And that's where I ran into a terrible stutter in Eternal - it does hit over a 100FPS even with the same settings (High), however it just stutter every 2 or 3 seconds, making the game basically unplayable. Other games work very well, such as Far Cry 5, that is sitting well over 60FPS on High with no stutter. DOOM 2016 also does not stutter, basically any other game I own that is not a complete optimization mess is working fine. All my games are on an HDD.
So what may be causing this? I thought maybe RAM and while I do intend to swap it at some point, it also wouldn't make much sense, since it was working well until the motherboard and CPU swap, together with other games working well afterwards. I tried turning off any Overlays, tweaked some settings in Nvidia Control Panel and it didn't help.

Have you installed AMD's chipset drivers? Usually Ryzen CPUs/mobos need those to behave properly. Assuming that's a single 8GB DIMM it'll hurt performance for your chip, but it shouldn't cause stutters like that AFAIK. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

27 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Considering the fact that it works properly in other games, I don't think that's the case. Thanks for the reply tho.

I actually found the solution on Steam forums that is really dumb. If anyone else will have that sort of problem, in my case turning off "Present From Compute" option in Video settings fixed the issue.