PC crashing... Need help please! asap

Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

seems like psu, do you have access to another to test? also, what are your cpu/gpu temps at time of crash?

So, the other night, I was playing the new black ops cold war. Suddenly out of nowhere, my PC just shuts off and reboots. This happened multiple times and there's no reason for it. I have tried EVERYTHING to figure it out and narrowed it down to RAM. I had 2 4gb sticks of RAM so 8gb total. I took one out... PC wouldn't even boot up. Put it back in and took the other out... PC booted up. Both Cold War and Photoshop would instantly shut my PC down on loading so I used them to test and they worked... no crash with only 4gb of RAM. I thought it was that one stick so I bought a 32GB set of Klevv CRAS X DDR4 3600mhz RAM (x2 16gb) and thought it'd work. Put them in today, it booted up, everything was great! But now... It crashed almost an hour later. What could be the cause? There is nothing visible to me that is broken and nothing flagging up on the system. I don't know what to do anymore and I am really upset as I use this PC to chase my dream career and can't afford to buy a new one. This is my last hope. If anyone can help or has any idea what to do, that'd be great. I can't take it to a shop as they're all closed during lockdown. The videos show is crashing and what it was like before I got the new RAM. But even now, it is still crashing. Just not as fast.

Here are my PC stats if it helps at all...

Model: ADMI Gaming PC

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core

Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series

Motherboard: PRIME A320M-R

RAM: 32GB KLEVV CRAS X RGB 3600mhz DDR4

1 minute ago, bmx6454 said:

seems like psu, do you have access to another to test? also, what are your cpu/gpu temps at time of crash?

I don't have a spare one to test with. I checked my GPU temps with MSI afterburner and it said it was at 41C with fans on. It was getting to 48C but I edited the fans to activate when it hit around 40C to keep it from rising.

Have you tried running with only 2 sticks of RAM, avoiding the slot that was giving you problems with your initial set of RAM. Could have been a slot issue rather than a stick issue?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16

Graphics: Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 3090(Flashed with Gigabyte 390W BIOS)

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx1, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 512GBx1, Samsung 860 Pro 256GBx2 RAID0 

PSU: Corsair RM1000x 80+ Gold Case: NZXT H710 (custom panels)

Monitor:  Alienware AW3420DW Curved 34" WQHD 3440 X 1440 120Hz Ultrawide, Pixio PX329 32" WQHD 165Hz,

Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless

Cooling:

EK-Quantum Vector Trinity RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB

EK-CoolStream SE 360 (Slim Triple) x2

EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB

EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Strix X570-E Mono Block

12/16mm Tubing

8 hours ago, Kuruton said:

Have you tried running with only 2 sticks of RAM, avoiding the slot that was giving you problems with your initial set of RAM. Could have been a slot issue rather than a stick issue?

I only have two slots for RAM. I put both back in and had to salvage an old 750W PSU to replace my newer 500W PSU that came with the system. So now it's working completely fine.

Just now, YaBoiEnergize said:

I only have two slots for RAM. I put both back in and had to salvage an old 750W PSU to replace my newer 500W PSU that came with the system. So now it's working completely fine.

I managed to salvage an old 750W PSU to replace my newer 500W PSU that came with the system. So now it's working completely fine. For now anyway. So well see if it happens again in the next few days. If not... I think it might have worked.