Upgrading my build

mangowo

Hi guys.

Right now I currently have a gtx 1650 and a ryzen 5 2600 with a 550w PSU, but I am thinking of upgrading to a ryzen 7 3700x. Do I also need to upgrade my PSU or is it fine?

If it's a decent 550W PSU they you don't. But also, the 2600 isn't the component in your system that is holding you back in most titles.

16 minutes ago, mangowo said:

Hi guys.

Right now I currently have a gtx 1650 and a ryzen 5 2600 with a 550w PSU, but I am thinking of upgrading to a ryzen 7 3700x. Do I also need to upgrade my PSU or is it fine?

Make and model?

10 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

If it's a decent 550W PSU they you don't. But also, the 2600 isn't the component in your system that is holding you back in most titles.

I have a Corsair TX550M, but do you think I should upgrade my GPU instead? If so, then which should I get?

4 hours ago, mangowo said:

I have a Corsair TX550M, but do you think I should upgrade my GPU instead? If so, then which should I get?

It depends on your budget. But an rtx 2060, or a gtx 1080 would both be significant upgrades over the 1650.

28 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It depends on your budget. But an rtx 2060, or a gtx 1080 would both be significant upgrades over the 1650.

Thanks!
Though all the gtx 1080s I find are way overpriced, like more expensive than rtx 3070s. So I will take a look at some 2060s. But will it last me long?

1 minute ago, mangowo said:

Thanks!
Though all the gtx 1080s I find are way overpriced, like more expensive than rtx 3070s. So I will take a look at some 2060s. But will it last me long?

Yeah, definitely. At 1080p it should last you at least 3-4 years, if not more.

19 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Yeah, definitely. At 1080p it should last you at least 3-4 years, if not more.

Okay, thanks. But do I have to upgrade my psu too?

11 minutes ago, mangowo said:

Okay, thanks. But do I have to upgrade my psu too?

You should be more than fine, the rtx 2060 only needs 160W, and the recommended PSU for this card is 450W. You could run an RTX 2080 even a 2080ti with that PSU and be fine.

2 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

You should be more than fine, the rtx 2060 only needs 160W, and the recommended PSU for this card is 450W. You could run an RTX 2080 even a 2080ti with that PSU and be fine.

Alrighty. Thanks for all the help!