pCell update - deployment timeline

_tylermatthew

When I searched this topic I saw there was an article posted about this about a month ago, but I didn't see anything mentioning a timeline. 

This Article mentions some details. (For those of you who don't know what it is, the article explains it better than I can)

pwaves-1.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"How long until I can use pCell?

The first consumer launch of pCell is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2014, with the initial rollout taking place in San Francisco. Artemis is working with a wireless partner to deploy pWaves to as many as 350 rooftops in the city, which should be more than enough to blanket the city — for the lucky few who get to try it out, that is.

From there, Artemis says that full pCell deployment will begin at some point early next year. In a demo last month at Columbia University, Artemis CEO Steve Perlman claimed that the technology could be deployed in all major markets by the end of 2015, but we're doubtful; even the most exciting technologies need to prove themselves before companies will be willing to spend billions building them out into their nationwide infrastructures.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-pcell-2014-3#ixzz2vl3lIDXY "

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's pretty soon, even if it's 2 years, it will still likely beat out any traditional cellular speed increases. 

I think what I'm most interested in is knowing how it's centrally connected, and if it's able to bypass traditional infrastructure (like having to lease At&t's fiber), and therefore out-compete traditional ISP's for at home or work connectivity, price and bandwidth. THAT would be amazing. I sincerely hope OtA internet is the future, and it kills Charter Cable and the likes. 

This will definitely be a game changer if implemented well, I'll keep tabs on this. Thanks for the update.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

im 50% sure this is a repost

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.