New build plan: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/jg2wvW

Rodix
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

I recommend a 1650 super since thats a rather expensive 570 and the 1650 super is close to an RX 580 in performance anyway. I suggest a motherboard with a proper VRM heat sink for a good CPU upgrade path as well.

Budget (including currency): less than 750$ CAD excluding tax

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming mostly and some light browsing. Games include: GTA v, Warzone (low graphics), Warframe, borderlands. Goal FPS 60 and above

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Peripherals not needed, monitor not needed. 1080p 60 fps on games at medium settings

I recommend a 1650 super since thats a rather expensive 570 and the 1650 super is close to an RX 580 in performance anyway. I suggest a motherboard with a proper VRM heat sink for a good CPU upgrade path as well.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

thanks, its my first build!

wait there's a compatibility error?

Warning! Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

3 minutes ago, Rodix said:

thanks, its my first build!

wait there's a compatibility error?

Make sure you quote us so we can see your responses.

The compatibility error is that the motherboard could potentially need a CPU to update the BIOS. But there's a very good chance that when you get the motherboard, it'll have an orange sticker that says "ryzen 3000 ready" on it.

If you want a guaranteed compatible board, try this:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/kRTzK8/msi-b450m-pro-vdh-max-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro-vdh-max

Might have been the motherboard in your original list, I don't recall. But it's a quality motherboard with a good VRM.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Make sure you quote us so we can see your responses.

The compatibility error is that the motherboard could potentially need a CPU to update the BIOS. But there's a very good chance that when you get the motherboard, it'll have an orange sticker that says "ryzen 3000 ready" on it.

If you want a guaranteed compatible board, try this:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/kRTzK8/msi-b450m-pro-vdh-max-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro-vdh-max

Might have been the motherboard in your original list, I don't recall. But it's a quality motherboard with a good VRM.

thanks, I'm new to these websites and since I'm only a kid on a budget its better for me to have a guaranteed working system. also if I were to build it is there a way I can get full windows 10 without the "activate windows" overlay? I already have a working windows 10 laptop with an account. I just need to know how I can get it on the new PC if I build it.

I own a Sata SSD 240 gb that was supposed to go in my laptop to replace the hard-drive already in it. can I use that laptop compatible SSD in this build? also i decided to go for a better case from some reviews i saw, it can support radiators and it has a basement for wiring and PSU, looks good too and comes with fans. (little over budget)

13 minutes ago, Rodix said:

is there a way I can get full windows 10 without the "activate windows" overlay?

Cheap secondhand windows keys are available on eBay for a few dollars. They'll just email you a code. 

14 minutes ago, Rodix said:

I own a Sata SSD 240 gb that was supposed to go in my laptop to replace the hard-drive already in it. can I use that laptop compatible SSD in this build?

Yeah, it uses SATA so it's the same thing.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Cheap secondhand windows keys are available on eBay for a few dollars. They'll just email you a code. 

Yeah, it uses SATA so it's the same thing.

And What about a Sata cable? Is it something I buy separately because I'm pretty sure its not in the box that my SSD came with. ( I have the SSD fully packaged in its box, I only opened it to see it's contents when I first ordered it.)

1 minute ago, Rodix said:

And What about a Sata cable? Is it something I buy separately because I'm pretty sure its not in the box that my SSD came with. ( I have the SSD fully packaged in its box, I only opened it to see it's contents when I first ordered it.)

The motherboard should come with two SATA cables, if not 4, in the box.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

The motherboard should come with two SATA cables, if not 4, in the box.

oh wow and also about the windows 10 setup, is it better to follow a tutorial on YouTube where it involves downloading the Windows 10 downloader from the Microsoft website on to a USB drive and then connecting it to the newly built PC?

38 minutes ago, Rodix said:

oh wow and also about the windows 10 setup, is it better to follow a tutorial on YouTube where it involves downloading the Windows 10 downloader from the Microsoft website on to a USB drive and then connecting it to the newly built PC?

typically yes, that's really the only way to go about it.

Primary PC: