Is SB220Q Enough?

CarzyBear

For now, I'm using the R5 3400g with the integrated graphics so this monitor will be enough for that, but if I upgrade to a GTX 1650 Super, will I be able to turn up the graphics, but still be able to stay under the SB220Q's 75 hertz refresh rate?

Haha not to be rude, but I'm guessing your're new to computers? There's no advantage to staying under your monitors refresh rate. In fact in a perfect world you would never want your framerate to drop under your monitor's refresh rate.

Just now, gozzygozborn said:

Haha not to be rude, but I'm guessing your're new to computers? There's no advantage to staying under your monitors refresh rate. In fact in a perfect world you would never want your framerate to drop under your monitor's refresh rate.

yeah, i'm new to computers. But if my framerate is above my refresh rate, I wouldn't experience all those frames.

Just now, CarzyBear said:

yeah, i'm new to computers. But if my framerate is above my refresh rate, I wouldn't experience all those frames.

That's true, but most games have a setting where you could set the max framerate to your monitors refresh rate. This would be more ideal because you don't want your framerate jumping all over the place, it makes the game feel not smooth and its not a good experience. In short, a 1650 super certainly isn't overkill for todays games if that's what you are asking.

Just now, gozzygozborn said:

That's true, but most games have a setting where you could set the max framerate to your monitors refresh rate. This would be more ideal because you don't want your framerate jumping all over the place, it makes the game feel not smooth and its not a good experience. In short, a 1650 super certainly isn't overkill for todays games if that's what you are asking.

What i'm asking is that if the 1650 super could reach more than 75 fps(if i got a 144hz monitor) on a game easily, even on high settings.