Video over network

Thomas102002

Hey, 

I want to stream my games from my PC to my tablet and if possible to my Raspberry Pi 4. I have tried "Steam in home streaming" , but I am not satisfied. I also noticed, that this only uses 50Mbit maximum. Is there a way to use the full one gigabit I have at home to get a better image? 

(i have an amd rx580, so the nVidia specific ones will not work) 

Hi Thomas,

have you tried increasing the max bandwidth setting for streaming in Steam to 'unlimited' to see if that has ant effect?

Livingroom Machine:

Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5.1ghz, 32GB Corsair DDR4 4000, MSI MEG Z390 Ace, GPU TBC, 256GB Samsung NVMe, Lian-Li o11 Dynamic, Corsair HX1200i PSU, EKWB CPU + GPU Hardline Custom Loop - 2 x 360 Rad & Distro - LG OLED65C6V

Bedroom Machine:

Intel Core i7 8086k @ 5.1ghz, 16GB Corsair DD4 3200, Gbyte Aorus Z390 I Pro Wifi, EVGA 2080ti, 256GB Samsun NVMe, Corsair 280x, Corsair HX850i PSU, EKWB CPU + GPU Hardline Custom Loop - 2 x 240 Rad - Philips Momentum 436M6

VR Machine:

Intel Core i7 8700k @ 5.1ghz, 16GB Corsair DD4 3200, Gbyte Aorus Z390 I Pro Wifi, EVGA 1080ti, 256GB Samsun NVMe, Corsair 250D, Corsair HX850i PSU, EKWB CPU + GPU Hardline Custom Loop - 240 Rad + 120 Rad - Oculus Rift & HTC Vive

I believe AMD has an app for that called AMD link. I have never used i though, so I cannot vouch for how well it works.

Thanks so far. I also looked at Parsec (@Lesantir_12), but I think it first sents the stream to their servers, introducing unnecessary delay (I want to stream in the same network). 

I will have look into AMD Link (@Chris Loudon) 

22 minutes ago, Thomas102002 said:

Thanks so far. I also looked at Parsec (@Lesantir_12), but I think it first sents the stream to their servers, introducing unnecessary delay (I want to stream in the same network). 

I will have look into AMD Link (@Chris Loudon) 

hi i have used it and its pretty awesome it does not have that much latency and it has been inside and outside of my network tested and have not had any issues with it i am currently not using it because i changed from my older iphone for some reasons and im using a cheap android phone wich simply can not handle it i do recommend it and if you watched the video they actually explain how they are using it because their use case is video editing so for what i saw in that video it convinced me since the first time i watched it and used it and have no regrets using and i would love to go back at it on the future