Quick Compatibility Check.

Built this computer around a MOBO and CPU that I alreayd have as I am trying to make a VR ready pc whilst also having enough money to buy a Oculus Rift CV1 for 480 CAD. This build does not need to be set in stone if any body has other better builds. The only requirement is it is within 100 of 1100 CAD and leave 480 CAD for a Rift. Thank for the help! All part a preferably bought from amazon. I live in Canada.

Yes it all work together and boot but -

H170 won't allow overclocking on your 6700k

You might have problems getting the RAM to clock at 3600.

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Yes it all work together and boot but -

H170 won't allow overclocking on your 6700k

You might have problems getting the RAM to clock at 3600.

What problems will I encounter with the RAM and ill see to upgrade the MOBO.

1 minute ago, RayIsPrime said:

What problems will I encounter with the RAM and ill see to upgrade the MOBO.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/

From that boards website - ** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133MHz.

You want a Z170 or Z270 for a 6700K.  

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H170M-PLUS/

From that boards website - ** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133MHz.

Okay! Thanks.

6 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

alternatively since OP already has the board get some really cheap used DDR4 and if OP is lucky the board will have an XMP profile for higher than 2133

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

alternatively since OP already has the board get some really cheap used DDR4 and if OP is lucky the board will have an XMP profile for higher than 2133

Will do thanks!

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Yeah I don't know weather clock speed or RAM speed is more important for VR.  That would help to make this decision.

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Yeah I don't know weather clock speed or RAM speed is more important for VR.  That would help to make this decision.

It really isn't terribly important, which is why the higher speed XMP profile is a nice to have rather than a need to have. Value DDR4 from eBay will deliver what's needed.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad