Anyone else so butthurt over ME3 ending they made their own?

deathjester

I think I can bring myself to play this game series again. Spoilers obviously, don't watch if it you haven't completed the series. Wasn't happy with any of the mods, used combination of mods and refusal ending and some other peoples rethinks on the ending. Tali/Paragon.

Anyone else had done the same, or were you so ticked off with the ending they never wanted to play the series again. I can't ever remember a series or game that made me go from such a high to such a low and I have been playing them since the old Sierra Quest games. Yeah I can openly admit, I was officially butthurt over this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST07Oq3J934

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

like if you cry every time ;-;7

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Harem ending. Best ending.

Anyway, I haven't played ME1 or ME3, but I did play and watch ME2. I can't give a valid argument, but I kind want to say that Mass Effect like Dragon Age, Final Fantasy XIII, and many other games were over-hyped. They're great games, but when you place so much on them, you will be disappointed. I think it might be better to go with an open mind whenever you play a game, watch a film, read a book, but don't ignore things like technical issues. That was the final straw for me on console gaming, well, towards multiplatform games. So much loading and so much frame drops in ME2 on the PS3... Consoles and handhelds will be for their own exclusive games; PC'll handle the rest.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Yeahhhh the ending pretty much ruined the whole series for me unfortunately 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Yeahhhh the ending pretty much ruined the whole series for me unfortunately 

WOOOO MASS EFFECT 4. HERE WE GOOO AGAAAAIN!

But seriously, I have all 3. I intend to play them (along with the Dead Space trilogy) one day. I almost finished ME1, but man, I couldn't do it. So boring. So irrelevant. I don't see how people enjoy this game. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game (Graphics, Lore, those parts are pretty great). But ... I guess I'm not a sci-fi type of guy. I just couldn't help but be bored the whole time. 

Maybe ME2 will change that (more Third Person Shooter, less RPG).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I miss me1

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

But seriously, I have all 3. I intend to play them (along with the Dead Space trilogy) one day. I almost finished ME1, but man, I couldn't do it. So boring. So irrelevant. I don't see how people enjoy this game. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game (Graphics, Lore, those parts are pretty great). But ... I guess I'm not a sci-fi type of guy. I just couldn't help but be bored the whole time. 

Writer on 1 was Drew, co writer on 2 was Mac Walters. 3rd was Mac Walters alone as lead. Game definitely went more shooter, but I didn't mind that cus I love sniping. I also loved 1 though. 

Infiltrator was class I played. Sniper was more fun in 2/3. It kind of sucked in 1 til later if I remember right.

Damn near everyone has left EA/Bioware. Drew, both big producers. I don't have high hopes for new Bioware games.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

The games went more combat oriented after ME1. It was a good change in my opinion, but they did away with a lot of the customization of weapons you used to be able to do which I liked.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1