PC COMPONENTS FOR THE BUILD :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Upto 4.4GHz 6 Core 12 Threads AM4 Socket 35MB Cache Desktop Processor with Wraith Spire Thermal Solution (100000022BOX)

MOTHERBOARD : GIGABYTE B550M DS3H (AM4 AMD/B550/Micro ATX/Dual M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 1/PCIe 4.0/HMDI/DVI/DDR4/Motherboard)

GPU : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB GDDR5 Graphic Cards (GV-N2060OC-6GD)

RAM/MEMORY : XPG ADATA GAMMIX D30 DDR4 8GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz U-DIMM Desktop Memory -AX4U320038G16A-SR30 

STORAGE (OS) : Crucial BX500 240GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD (CT240BX500SSD1)

STORAGE 1 : Western Digital 1 TB HDD (I have this one already from my old pc)

STORAGE 2 : Seagate Barracuda 500 GB HDD (I have this one as well)

CASE : Corsair Carbide SPEC-05 Mid-Tower Gaming Case - Black

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions : 

1)Will I be fine with the stock cooler ?

2)Will I be fine with the mobo, what i mean is will i require a bios update ?

3)Should I wait for November 5 and go for the Ryzen 5 5600X ?

4)Is that memory any good ?

5)Is the gpu good with this cpu or the upcoming 5 5600X ?

6)Main Question : What psu should i get ??

I already checked that list and I can't find any tier B psu from that list on any website and the corsair cx series is too expensive in india sadly.. :(

1) Probably, I don't have personal experience but from what I've heard the stock cooler is fairly capable.

2) You don't need a BIOS Update unless you want to wait for the Ryzen 5 5600X. But in this case I recommend getting another MOBO with a newer Chipset.

3) If you don't mind waiting, wait.

4) Looks good to me! Ryzen is able to take advantage of the relatively high speed.

5) I'd consider it balanced, but I also don't know what you want to do with it. If it's mostly for gaming, your fine.

6) There are some PSU Calculaters where you can put in your hardware and it tells you how many Watts you need. Once you know that, look at PSUs from well known brands with good reputation.

6 minutes ago, Winter TF said:

1) Probably, I don't have personal experience but from what I've heard the stock cooler is fairly capable.

2) You don't need a BIOS Update unless you want to wait for the Ryzen 5 5600X. But in this case I recommend getting another MOBO with a newer Chipset.

3) If you don't mind waiting, wait.

4) Looks good to me! Ryzen is able to take advantage of the relatively high speed.

5) I'd consider it balanced, but I also don't know what you want to do with it. If it's mostly for gaming, your fine.

6) There are some PSU Calculaters where you can put in your hardware and it tells you how many Watts you need. Once you know that, look at PSUs from well known brands with good reputation.

Thanks so much, you cleared a lot of things :) If you can link a non-fake ps calculator website, i'll be grateful .... :) 

5 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

Thanks so much, you cleared a lot of things :) If you can link a non-fake ps calculator website, i'll be grateful .... :) 

https://outervision.com/

This should be fine since they don't seem to make PSUs themselves. I've also uses Seasonic's calculator in the past, but they of course want to sell their own PSU. 

I'm not certain but I think if you select your components in PCPartpicker it only shows compatible PSUs.

If you look at how much power your system draws remember that you want some overhead so your PSU doesn't need to run at 100% 

2 minutes ago, Winter TF said:

This should be fine since they don't seem to make PSUs themselves. I've also uses Seasonic's calculator in the past, but they of course want to sell their own PSU. 

I'm not certain but I think if you select your components in PCPartpicker it only shows compatible PSUs.

If you look at how much power your system draws remember that you want some overhead so your PSU doesn't need to run at 100% 

Much more thanks :) :) 

5 minutes ago, Winter TF said:

Now the recommended psu I am getting is Corsair CX550 which is very expensive in India (like 30k) and it is unavailable as well :( My wattage is 394 watts, now if i use a CV650 , will that be ok ?

10 minutes ago, Winter TF said:

This should be fine since they don't seem to make PSUs themselves.

this is just as bad as any other PSU calculator. they all overestimate to the point of being random number generators.

30 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

I already checked that list and I can't find any tier B psu from that list on any website and the corsair cx series is too expensive in india sadly.. :(

which websites are you buying it from?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

this is just as bad as any other PSU calculator. they all overestimate to the point of being random number generators.

which websites are you buying it from?

Amazon,Corsair CX550 lists at nearly 30k INR,considering that 1USD = 73.44 INR, That is nearly a whopping 404 dollars and I ain't going for a psu that costs me more than my gpu  

13 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

Amazon,Corsair CX550 lists at nearly 30k INR,considering that 1USD = 73.44 INR, That is nearly a whopping 404 dollars and I ain't going for a psu that costs me more than my gpu  

So from what I've heard here a 500W PSU should be good with plenty of overhead. Pricing in your location seems to be a whole different story. In Germany I can find some good 500W PSUs for around 50€ to 70€ (around 4K to 6K in INR according to Google)

Here are a few I found (Bestsellers on a german website):

- Seasonic Focus GX 80Plus Gold

- Corsair CX550 Non-Modular

- be quite! Pure Power 11 Non-Modular 80Plus Gold

27 minutes ago, Winter TF said:

So from what I've heard here a 500W PSU should be good with plenty of overhead. Pricing in your location seems to be a whole different story. In Germany I can find some good 500W PSUs for around 50€ to 70€ (around 4K to 6K in INR according to Google)

I'll check them out and yeah the pricing in our country suxx :( 

43 minutes ago, Winter TF said:

What about this one ? Is this a Tier B ? 

43 minutes ago, DeathstrokeGG said:

What about this one ? Is this a Tier B ? 

Looks good to me, it's a 80 Plus Bronze however. Bronze/silver/gold/platinum refer to their efficiency. So it's not the best, but it will do it's job.

Edited by Winter TF

4 hours ago, Winter TF said:

Looks good to me, it's a 80 Plus Bronze however. Bronze/silver/gold/platinum refer to their efficiency. So it's not the best, but it will do it's job.

And that is more than enough for me..

4 hours ago, Winter TF said:

Is this a true 80 plus gold ?