First time computer build

Mshover

Budget (including currency): +\- $1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: only used for gaming, mainly Warzone and Rocket League 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am brand new to computer gaming and basically know nothing. I am just trying to decide wether to build a pc or purchase a PS5 and that will come down to price. I would want a pc to be able to run 1440p at 144hz to 165hz. Other then that I’m not sure what to ask for. Just curious what that would cost me. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Mshover said:

Budget (including currency): +\- $1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: only used for gaming, mainly Warzone and Rocket League 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am brand new to computer gaming and basically know nothing. I am just trying to decide wether to build a pc or purchase a PS5 and that will come down to price. I would want a pc to be able to run 1440p at 144hz to 165hz. Other then that I’m not sure what to ask for. Just curious what that would cost me. Thanks 

heres a really good build:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ps9RGq

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($161.49 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($78.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB STRIX GAMING Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.88 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($154.99 @ Corsair) 
Monitor: LG 27GL850-B 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($489.99 @ Best Buy) 
Keyboard: Corsair K55 + HARPOON RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard With Optical Mouse  ($86.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1582.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-17 16:55 EDT-0400

The rtx 3070 is hard to find right now, but availability should improve in the next month

ryzen 7 5th gen is coming in 3 weeks so maybe worth holding off and getting a better processors for same price