cannot boot 2nd drive failure

Hey guys, i attached an old hdd to my pc recently, it had some data that i should have backed up i know, but, it was working fine until today where it posts to a screen that says that it has a failure and i should remove it, i can go from there to the bios and it shows both of them no problem, but, i cannot boot to windows after that, only solution is to remove it and then it works fine, is there a way to check what the problem may be? windows is on my primary drive btw.

Slap that drive into a USB enclosure and hopefully you're able to pull some data off it. But sounds like the drive is on its last legs.

A CHKDSK /R might... might get the drive in a state that you can boot with it plugged into your computer. But I would still be looking at getting data off of that drive asap.

1 hour ago, lombiolove said:

Hey guys, i attached an old hdd to my pc recently, it had some data that i should have backed up i know, but, it was working fine until today where it posts to a screen that says that it has a failure and i should remove it, i can go from there to the bios and it shows both of them no problem, but, i cannot boot to windows after that, only solution is to remove it and then it works fine, is there a way to check what the problem may be? windows is on my primary drive btw.

42 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Slap that drive into a USB enclosure and hopefully you're able to pull some data off it. But sounds like the drive is on its last legs.

A CHKDSK /R might... might get the drive in a state that you can boot with it plugged into your computer. But I would still be looking at getting data off of that drive asap.

So first thing get it out of your PC, if windows or whatever says it had a failure it means that it probably happened, but still if it recognazis it doesnt mean that the failure didnt happen it just means that your hard drive did die. 

now you need to think hoe important the data on it is to you, if its not that important and you OK with losing but you prefer having it then the USB idea is your route, but know that it is risky to do that. If the data is more important you can send it to a data recovery company and they will get the data out safly. And if you really want you can take the risk and just boot your PC up again and backup the data as fast as you can.........

Thanks guys, i'll try, hopefully i can get some of the data out before its too late, daily reminder that you have to do back up!

11 hours ago, lombiolove said:

Thanks guys, i'll try, hopefully i can get some of the data out before its too late, daily reminder that you have to do back up!

Let us know what happened 

On 10/16/2020 at 3:44 AM, Elad.Evron said:

Let us know what happened 

sadly, it died, thanks anyways! :)

13 hours ago, lombiolove said:

sadly, it died, thanks anyways! :)

too bad, im sorry for you budd