Gaming Laptop

My Lenovo Y520 is aging, and I'm looking for a new laptop.

My original intent is to get a 17-inch laptop, but I changed my mind and plan to get a 15-inch because I may carry it anywhere especially when I travel.

As I was looking at the specs and prices at my local website, I've narrowed my searches to those two options:

- ASUS ROG STRIX G15 

- MSI GL65

I play GTA5 and PUBG.

Which ones do you recommend?

Thanks!

3E266260-8939-41ED-A42D-1CEEC7CA410D.png

22024683847938_544.jpg

14 minutes ago, Tomoki-san said:

My Lenovo Y520 is aging, and I'm looking for a new laptop.

My original intent is to get a 17-inch laptop, but I changed my mind and plan to get a 15-inch because I may carry it anywhere especially when I travel.

As I was looking at the specs and prices at my local website, I've narrowed my searches to those two options:

- ASUS ROG STRIX G15 

- MSI GL65

I play GTA5 and PUBG.

Which ones do you recommend?

Thanks!

3E266260-8939-41ED-A42D-1CEEC7CA410D.png

22024683847938_544.jpg

I've owned the Strix and something about its panel felt 'off'. Like it says 144hz but didn't feel like it...and when I switched to my current Razer one, it was night and day difference. Perhaps I got a lemon but the panel was very uninspiring. I didn't like the keys either, the typing experience felt mushy and soft if that makes sense. Thermals were okay but noise was abysmal. Speakers were pretty lackluster even for laptop speakers, there wasn't any feeling to them. Overall I ended up returning it, not worth the price I paid.

I don't have experience with that particular model of MSI but I did purchase the GS65 Stealth version, and it was all around very good, no real complaints except I didn't like the font of the keys. Yeah, I know, petty AF but it bothered me. And considering the 99.9 watt hour battery, I was surprised when I only got about 4 hours out of it which is on par with I'm currently getting with my Razer and that has a 65 watt hour battery. So IDK.