Hello.
i am getting a disk reading error since 2 weeks
when i start up the pc there is "a disk read error occured" ctrl alt del to restart

when doing this maybe 2 times my pc boots up normally. 
i dont change anything and everything works fine no crashes cause of it and all my data is complete and good

i am still concerned tho and wanted to ask if i should delete everything on my ssd ( in my language its called formatieren dont know whats called in english maybe format ?) 
do u think that if i delete everything the error might disappear or not?
i have a bootable usb with windows file in it so i can repair and if it doesnt work install windows completly again.

otherwise other suggestions would be much appreciated 

thank you for reading and helping 
stay safe 
Rotato

I'd be very careful at this point. Make sure you have backups of any important data, just in case.

I'm thinking there might be some things to try...

1, go to the drive manufacturer's website and download whatever their diagnostic tool is. Use it to check the driver doesn't have any known problems, and if applicable, maybe there is a firmware update for bug fixes. 

2, the drive might not be ready when the system wants to boot, although this is unlikely for a modern drive. For hard disks, some systems had a delay you can add to allow them time to get ready. If this setting even exists any more, you could try putting in a boot delay to the system.

3, if the drive is connected by SATA, try another cable, and/or another port.

4, I think the "delete everything" is formatting. For a SSD the best thing to do in that sense is called Secure Erase. You'll have to look up how to do it as it isn't easy. I'm not sure this would help, unless it indirectly resolves other problems with the drive. Try the 1st step above at least.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

2 minutes ago, porina said:

I'd be very careful at this point. Make sure you have backups of any important data, just in case.

I'm thinking there might be some things to try...

1, go to the drive manufacturer's website and download whatever their diagnostic tool is. Use it to check the driver doesn't have any known problems, and if applicable, maybe there is a firmware update for bug fixes. 

2, the drive might not be ready when the system wants to boot, although this is unlikely for a modern drive. For hard disks, some systems had a delay you can add to allow them time to get ready. If this setting even exists any more, you could try putting in a boot delay to the system.

3, if the drive is connected by SATA, try another cable, and/or another port.

4, I think the "delete everything" is formatting. For a SSD the best thing to do in that sense is called Secure Erase. You'll have to look up how to do it as it isn't easy. I'm not sure this would help, unless it indirectly resolves other problems with the drive. Try the 1st step above at least.

thank you very much for ur detailed help !

i will try everything and if nothing fixes it i will resort to that "secure erase" !

thank you very much 
Rotato