Prime95 trouble

Hi there people
I'm in a spot of bother with Prime95. 
I'm trying to get a 3770k Prime stable at 4,5ghz with 1,26v - RAM is at 2000mhz, 10-11-11-28 (2T) with 1,565v (it's a 2x8gb 2100mhz kit XMP) ...  aaaaannnnnddddd, so... temps are always below 80c on any of the sensors on HWInfo64...
I've run the programme for up to 2 hours, while I was doing other things, no crashes. Wanted to do some other testing, because I had some time, so I stopped the test. I then ran some Firestrike, Heaven, and other graphic benches and about an hour of gaming, no problems.... And then I went back to doing other things, so I set P95 to run again, after a few minutes, the programme had closed itself - no BSOD, no error message, nothing. I started it up again, it ran for more than 40 minutes, and the same thing happened. I tried upping the voltages a litlle to whats above. Ran P95 again, and it kept up for 30 mins or so, before the same issue. Have been trying different timings, lowering to 4,3ghz on the CPU, upping the voltages even more (up to 1,3 on CPU and 1,6 on RAM), looser timings, add some PLL voltage, and so on.... no luck. 

I'm on the asus p8z77-m on the latest bios on Asus' support.... 

I'm out of ideas, I read somewhere it might be P95 that has some issues being on another storage device than the OS-drive, so I uninstalled and reinstalled to desktop (uppacked the ZIP on desktop)... 
I've also seen someone mentioning enabling Spread Spectrum in bios to help with interference or something - but I haven't tried this, BIOS recommends leaving it disabled when OC'ing - could this be a thing?

Should I just start the OC all over? 

1 hour ago, Kasper_MC said:

Hi there people
I'm in a spot of bother with Prime95. 
I'm trying to get a 3770k Prime stable at 4,5ghz with 1,26v - RAM is at 2000mhz, 10-11-11-28 (2T) with 1,565v (it's a 2x8gb 2100mhz kit XMP) ...  aaaaannnnnddddd, so... temps are always below 80c on any of the sensors on HWInfo64...
I've run the programme for up to 2 hours, while I was doing other things, no crashes. Wanted to do some other testing, because I had some time, so I stopped the test. I then ran some Firestrike, Heaven, and other graphic benches and about an hour of gaming, no problems.... And then I went back to doing other things, so I set P95 to run again, after a few minutes, the programme had closed itself - no BSOD, no error message, nothing. I started it up again, it ran for more than 40 minutes, and the same thing happened. I tried upping the voltages a litlle to whats above. Ran P95 again, and it kept up for 30 mins or so, before the same issue. Have been trying different timings, lowering to 4,3ghz on the CPU, upping the voltages even more (up to 1,3 on CPU and 1,6 on RAM), looser timings, add some PLL voltage, and so on.... no luck. 

I'm on the asus p8z77-m on the latest bios on Asus' support.... 

I'm out of ideas, I read somewhere it might be P95 that has some issues being on another storage device than the OS-drive, so I uninstalled and reinstalled to desktop (uppacked the ZIP on desktop)... 
I've also seen someone mentioning enabling Spread Spectrum in bios to help with interference or something - but I haven't tried this, BIOS recommends leaving it disabled when OC'ing - could this be a thing?

Should I just start the OC all over? 

Try it with Asus realbench. P95 can be a finiky mofo these days.

https://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

7 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

Try it with Asus realbench. P95 can be a finiky mofo these days.

https://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/

Thanks. Is that equal to P95, because I've done Aida and Intel Burntest, neither of them get the CPU as hot (4-5c lower) and neither has crashing issues. I'll give it a try and get back to you. 

1 hour ago, Kasper_MC said:

It's now been running for 5h45m, no issues, but temps are still 3-4-5c lower than on P95 - can I consider it stable, or is P95 more intensive still? 

P95 is more intensive, but not really in a meaningful way. I literally can't get my 9900k to even run P95 as it draws too much power and will instantly hit 99c, throw errors, underclock etc.

I understand your frustration as I have had the same feelings of "well if its not P95 stable, is it really stable?". I can say I have passed 8 hours of aida, 8 hours of aida with only FPU checked, and 8 hours of asus real bench, and I have never had a single issue in gaming, photoshop, lightroom, or any other application I have ever used. So with that trifecta of tests, I have proved to myself my system is stable, at least for any potential program I throw at it. P95 is not really "a real" use case.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

37 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

P95 is more intensive, but not really in a meaningful way. I literally can't get my 9900k to even run P95 as it draws too much power and will instantly hit 99c, throw errors, underclock etc.

I understand your frustration as I have had the same feelings of "well if its not P95 stable, is it really stable?". I can say I have passed 8 hours of aida, 8 hours of aida with only FPU checked, and 8 hours of asus real bench, and I have never had a single issue in gaming, photoshop, lightroom, or any other application I have ever used. So with that trifecta of tests, I have proved to myself my system is stable, at least for any potential program I throw at it. P95 is not really "a real" use case.

Cool. Well. I know P95 is not really "real" in that sense - I just wanted to make sure the system was stable, it's not for mtself, so wanted to make sure it was not gonna crash on someone who doesn't know what to do about it... But I guess I'm just gonna have to settle for good enough :)
I'm still curious why that programme is more difficult than any other though - it's "just" calculations on primes, no? So it should be tough, but not worse than everything else - or is it the programme bugging out? 

3 hours ago, Kasper_MC said:

Cool. Well. I know P95 is not really "real" in that sense - I just wanted to make sure the system was stable, it's not for mtself, so wanted to make sure it was not gonna crash on someone who doesn't know what to do about it... But I guess I'm just gonna have to settle for good enough :)
I'm still curious why that programme is more difficult than any other though - it's "just" calculations on primes, no? So it should be tough, but not worse than everything else - or is it the programme bugging out? 

Its the way the program runs and the avx instruction workload it creates. I never had issues with CPU's older than 6700k, I know newer intel chips really don't like P95 much, but its possible the 3770k just isn't loving it either for whatever reason. My 4770k and 6700k both didn't "mind" P95, my 8700k and 9900k both hate it though. I run in the low 80's in Aida FPU @5 GHz on my 9900k, it instantly his 99c and thermal throttles and throws errors in P95. 

3 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Its the way the program runs and the avx instruction workload it creates. I never had issues with CPU's older than 6700k, I know newer intel chips really don't like P95 much, but its possible the 3770k just isn't loving it either for whatever reason. My 4770k and 6700k both didn't "mind" P95, my 8700k and 9900k both hate it though. I run in the low 80's in Aida FPU @5 GHz on my 9900k, it instantly his 99c and thermal throttles and throws errors in P95. 

But my problem isn't throttling or temps - well, I'd like to get them lower, but high 70'ties isn't too bad... it's the program crashing randomly I'm confused about :)

9 minutes ago, Kasper_MC said:

But my problem isn't throttling or temps - well, I'd like to get them lower, but high 70'ties isn't too bad... it's the program crashing randomly I'm confused about :)

It could be due to too much voltage being asked for, or too many amps. I can't fully say, I would expect it to pass P95, but if you can pass 24 hours of auda64 with all the CPU and RAM options (the default options) and 24 hours of aida FPU only, and the full 8 hours of asus real bench, I would have confidence in the CPU being fine :)

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

It could be due to too much voltage being asked for, or too many amps. I can't fully say, I would expect it to pass P95, but if you can pass 24 hours of auda64 with all the CPU and RAM options (the default options) and 24 hours of aida FPU only, and the full 8 hours of asus real bench, I would have confidence in the CPU being fine :)

Alright. Thanks.