best set headphones/headset

Th3Brofessiona1

iam have been looking arround for a new pair of headphones/headsets and i was wondering what were the best/really good and my budget is around $200-$300

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

Do you want them to isolate, or is open ok?

Do they need to be portable?

Past headphones/headsets you've enjoyed the most?

For that budget always the Beyerdynamic dt 770/880/990 (250 Ohm) with an amp/dac like the Fiio E10. <- That's my opinion

Btw 770s are closed, 880s are half-open, 990s are open.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

i would either go with the Sennheiser Hd 558 and a blue snowball or ATH m-50x with the Zalman Mic1

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

iam fine with them being open and they dont need to be portable and right now i have a pair of astro a40 and there alright i just was looking for something better

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

iam fine with them being open and they dont need to be portable and right now i have a pair of astro a40 and there alright i just was looking for something better

Can't go wrong with the DT990 or HD558 mentioned above, I'll add the ATH-AD900X to the list if gaming is their primary use.

in your opinion what would be the best

I would go with either the DT 990 or HD 558, but I would lean towards the 990 though. Also get a Fiio E10 as an AMP and DAC combo.

Quote me to get a reply!

It's not that simple. :P

The Sennheisers are bass weighted, the Beyerdynamics are V-shaped, and the audio-technicas are treble-weighted. Personally, I'm treble-sensitive, so I prefer the Sennheisers.

At the $200~300 range there's also the AKG K/Q701 which has more focus in the mids and trebles than the HD558 or DT990. Of the suggested headphones it's closest to the ATH-AD900/X, but it uses the stretching headband thing rather than the 3D wing support thing. I love my pair, but it's definitely not for everyone; really good positioning in games, though, just like the AD900 :P

Current PC: AMD FX8320 || PNY GTX 770 || 2x4GB || ASUS M5A97 || Corsair TX 750 V2 || Asus Essence STX || CM Storm Enforcer
Peripherals: Logitech G500S || Cooler Master Quickfire TK || Audio-Technica AT2020 || Focusrite iTrack Solo || Q701 + DT990 Pro