Will I be bottlenecked?

Go to solution Solved by Imglidinhere,
3 minutes ago, Funny4Cast said:

I am thinking on upgrading my 4 year old system. I was thinking of a Intel i5 10600K paired with MSI MAG Tomahawk Z490 Motherboard. So my first question is if that is a fairly decent match of parts? And second, and main question is, in the near future I want to upgrade my GPU from Zotac 1060 6GB Mini to a RTX 3070 OR something from the RTX 20 series. Will the CPU bottleneck a RTX GPU?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

A 10600K benefits very heavily from fast RAM with tight timings. Also a heavy overclock to 5GHz will also greatly improve performance. The CPU won't bottleneck anything from the 20-series, so a 3070 would be fine for what you're looking at.

I am thinking on upgrading my 4 year old system. I was thinking of a Intel i5 10600K paired with MSI MAG Tomahawk Z490 Motherboard. So my first question is if that is a fairly decent match of parts? And second, and main question is, in the near future I want to upgrade my GPU from Zotac 1060 6GB Mini to a RTX 3070 OR something from the RTX 20 series. Will the CPU bottleneck a RTX GPU?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Considering the 10600K is the second best CPU for gaming (at least for now, maybe that'll change in a month with the new Ryzens), you're good

Make sure to buy plenty fast RAM, like 3200

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Funny4Cast said:

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

A 10600K benefits very heavily from fast RAM with tight timings. Also a heavy overclock to 5GHz will also greatly improve performance. The CPU won't bottleneck anything from the 20-series, so a 3070 would be fine for what you're looking at.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260