Issue with using VirtualLink as a display output

My monitor, ACER XF270H B, 1920x1080 144 Htz, is not receiving a signal using a type-c to hdmi cable from my EVGA 2070 Super.

The display is detected in the control panel and the monitor knows a cable has been plugged in, but it says "no signal" and goes to sleep.

Monitor works fine, but only has two HDMIs and a display port, but the GPU only has one HDMI, which used for my TV.

Windows 10

Cable purchased: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VPDNL7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.O7EFbZEZHX0Z

The HDMI end feels rather warm to the touch. Changing resolution/refresh rate resulted in no changes.

1 hour ago, Randychavezjr said:

Lol I mean, that also works. 🤣 Any ideas about the current cable? Internet search comes up with a mixed bag that it does or doesn't worka

Cos you're using a Type - C to HDMI.

That Type C port (if it works) will need a type C - displayport cable. (you could adapter from that I guess?)

On 10/5/2020 at 8:52 PM, TrigrH said:

Cos you're using a Type - C to HDMI.

That Type C port (if it works) will need a type C - displayport cable. (you could adapter from that I guess?)

That's so odd. I gave the cable to my wife for her iPad which worked immediately and duplicated her display onto the monitor.

I wonder why it has to be DisplayPort and why not HDMI.

I ended up getting a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter for $5 from Walmart and all is well. 😅