Bose quietcomfort 15 vs Sennheiser HD8 DJ vs other?

Want to get a long lasting pair of headphones. Love the way the Bose cancelled the noise, when I was at their stand, but ive been told that the sound quality is not that great. Whats the passive noise cancelling on the HD8 like? What would you suggest? 

The Sennheisers are undoubtedly better sounding, and do block a fair bit of noise.

Im not really looking to DJ anytime soon, are they targeted for the public also? I do listen to a good 6h of music a day

Im not really looking to DJ anytime soon, are they targeted for the public also? I do listen to a good 6h of music a day

I know a certain tech YouTuber recently got a pair and loves them.

I know a certain tech YouTuber recently got a pair and loves them.

Haha yeah, Would you say there are any better headphones in this price range?

Haha yeah, Would you say there are any better headphones in this price range?

"Better" is highly subjective, and I haven't even tried the HD8's myself. The NAD VISO HP50 is popular in other areas of the internet, and I liked them a lot when I tried them in a store.

Do not go with Bose, I personally owned few pairs and they can really just isolate sounds. They are expensive for what you get - plastic.

I would personally go with B&W P7. Which I love.

Or try some Beyerdynamics like Custom One Pro. Which in my opinion sounded much better than QC15 at lower price point.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Honestly, if you liked the sound of the QC15, dont let anyone tell you they are bad. After all, its you listening to the music. Buying a some gear for "internet cred" is a recipie for disaster.

I find that IEMs are the best of both worlds; Unparalled isolation and with the a great seal great base response. I have a pair of custom ones, which helps get the perfect seal every time; but a pair of UE TF10s definately have enough thump for anyone with propper seal. I think they can be had for 200 dollars or less.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

The Bose are going to offer the superior noise cancellation but the HD8's are going to provide better sound quality. My vote is for the HD8's

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer