X360 better performance

I have an HP x360, with a Pentium 4414u and 8gb of ram.

I am trying to squeeze as much performance as possible from it.
I have power on high etc.

I installed XTU, and I am trying to up voltages but I assume it won't do much due to it being a locked CPU. Would changing the voltages etc help in any way?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Charmeleonnz said:

I have an HP x360, with a Pentium 4414u and 8gb of ram.

I am trying to squeeze as much performance as possible from it.
I have power on high etc.

I installed XTU, and I am trying to up voltages but I assume it won't do much due to it being a locked CPU. Would changing the voltages etc help in any way?

Thanks

Voltage is only providing the "power" for the cpu to achieve clock speed. If you don't change clock speed and just raise voltage, all you are doing is increasing Heat and electricity going into the CPU with zero gains.

In other words, don't do that.

Just now, Panoramix97 said:

Voltage is only providing the "power" for the cpu to achieve clock speed. If you don't change clock speed and just raise voltage, all you are doing is increasing Heat and electricity going into the CPU with zero gains.

In other words, don't do that.

Yeah I assumed that was the case lol. I have increased the turbo boost power to max, but that's all I can do eh? Aside from a new laptop?

Just now, Charmeleonnz said:

Yeah I assumed that was the case lol. I have increased the turbo boost power to max, but that's all I can do eh? Aside from a new laptop?

Yes. I would always try to have a laptop deliver as less power as possible as it is eating the battery and producing heat.

Laptops, guys, I hate to say it, but, are not made for gaming or huge tasks, they are made to be conveniable to use away from a desk !!

I know they still do gaming laptops and etc.... I know I know !!! :P 

5 minutes ago, Panoramix97 said:

Yes. I would always try to have a laptop deliver as less power as possible as it is eating the battery and producing heat.

Laptops, guys, I hate to say it, but, are not made for gaming or huge tasks, they are made to be conveniable to use away from a desk !!

I know they still do gaming laptops and etc.... I know I know !!! :P 

Sadly ;(. I only bought it for 133usd converted from nzd, cause my dell xps 15 9550 basically died on me and I needed something to use. I was just hoping it could play some games, even light ones

5 minutes ago, Charmeleonnz said:

Sadly ;(. I only bought it for 133usd converted from nzd, cause my dell xps 15 9550 basically died on me and I needed something to use. I was just hoping it could play some games, even light ones

It should run doom95 / duke nukem 3d  with no problems :) 

Or treat yourself with a game of age of empire 2 !

Just now, Panoramix97 said:

It should run doom95 / duke nukem 3d  with no problems :) 

Or treat yourself with a game of age of empire 2 !

That is what I have had to resort too. lol

11 minutes ago, Panoramix97 said:

Except the XMG Apex 15 (R9 3950X) and Alienware Area 51M (9900K), which both have desktop, overclockable cpu's. Of course calling them "Laptops" is a bit of a stretch, considering they're not convenient, or very portable.

1 minute ago, Charmeleonnz said:

That is what I have had to resort too. lol

I've been in that situation too, had an atom X5-Z8300 which has a worse IGPU than your pentium but it's not that bad though, you can get games like GTA San Andreas, Vice City and 3, every Half Life except Alyx, Portal 1 and 2 and many others. You don't have to resort to games that old.

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

I've been in that situation too, had an atom X5-Z8300 which has a worse IGPU than your pentium but it's not that bad though, you can get games like GTA San Andreas, Vice City and 3, every Half Life except Alyx, Portal 1 and 2 and many others. You don't have to resort to games that old.

I can't even play bf2 at playable settings. Games like dota 2 won't even run. The igpu is fine, its the cpu that is complete garbage.

Just now, Charmeleonnz said:

I can't even play bf2 at playable settings. Games like dota 2 won't even run. The igpu is fine, its the cpu that is complete garbage.

Really? I'm actually surprised, like I get that the the Z8300 is a quad core but it's only has a base of 1.44ghz, not to mention that it runs at a fifth the power, and it's older. Perhaps make sure that the CPU temps are ok and try not to have apps running in your background. Additionally I suggest using the Windows 10 Debloater and changing the visual effects settings, and change the power plan to high performance, or balanced (if high performance isn't available). The Windows 10 Debloater, can remove or disable features, like Cortana, the Xbox thing, OneDrive, and can also remove bloatware regkeys and disable telemetry and tasks. I left a couple of screen shots with what I've mentioned above

image.png.e5fb531aa70fea688cefa635d900badf.pngimage.png.71a1b27680c1f353c8f77c27031e9cde.pngimage.png.635fb3972a703a4ee83c1c6afc4fb85f.png

3 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Really? I'm actually surprised, like I get that the the Z8300 is a quad core but it's only has a base of 1.44ghz, not to mention that it runs at a fifth the power, and it's older. Perhaps make sure that the CPU temps are ok and try not to have apps running in your background. Additionally I suggest using the Windows 10 Debloater and changing the visual effects settings, and change the power plan to high performance, or balanced (if high performance isn't available). The Windows 10 Debloater, can remove or disable features, like Cortana, the Xbox thing, OneDrive, and can also remove bloatware regkeys and disable telemetry and tasks. I left a couple of screen shots with what I've mentioned above

image.png.e5fb531aa70fea688cefa635d900badf.pngimage.png.71a1b27680c1f353c8f77c27031e9cde.pngimage.png.635fb3972a703a4ee83c1c6afc4fb85f.png

Thanks for the screenshots. Laptop is already on high performance, I use some Microsoft services sadly so the debloater isn't really an option.

I set the visual effects to best performance, but I find basic web bowering etc is fine. Just most games the cpu caps at 100%. I think its because it only has 2 cores. Yes hyper threaded but only 2 and this cpu can't boost.

Thanks