Help me Choose.

epicomark

I'm debating whether to get a used RX 580 Sapphire Nitro 8GB or a Brand New 1650 Super 4GB From Galax. Please help me. Thanks.

I really need your opinion because I'm building my first PC and I don't really like buying used.

Edit:

They both have the same price and the RX 580 was almost a year old said the Seller.

Edited by epicomark

2 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

how much exactly?

at $100 or $180?

$190 

Not wanting to buy a used GPU is understandable, especially the 580. It was a very popular mining card, and when you buy a used GPU there's no way of telling whether it was used for 20 minutes of Counterstrike or 3 years of non-stop mining.

Where are you located?

A 1650 Super is a bit slower than a 580, but it runs on half the power, so if this is going in an existing OEM pc it may be safer, and in a new build you may be able to save on a PSU.

How much does a new RX 570 cost in your area? 

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Not wanting to buy a used GPU is understandable, especially the 580. It was a very popular mining card, and when you buy a used GPU there's no way of telling whether it was used for 20 minutes of Counterstrike or 3 years of non-stop mining.

Where are you located?

A 1650 Super is a bit slower than a 580, but it runs on half the power, so if this is going in an existing OEM pc it may be safer, and in a new build you may be able to save on a PSU.

How much does a new RX 570 cost in your area? 

I live in the Philippines, prices are $25-30 dollars more, and sometimes even more.

A new RX 570 costs about $170-190. I was originally planning to get an RX 570 but I read an article that the 1650 Super is better than the RX 570. So that's why I decided to choose the 1650 Super.

Just now, epicomark said:

I live in the Philippines, prices are $25-30 dollars more, and sometimes even more.

A new RX 570 costs about $170-190. I was originally planning to get an RX 570 but I read an article that the 1650 Super is better than the RX 570. So that's why I decided to choose the 1650 Super.

Depends on the game, I would get whatever is cheaper, they're equal enough. Also consider that the RX 570 has way better driver support. It's 4 years older than the 1650 Super. It used to compete with a 1050 ti, not it competes with the 1650 Super. Now the 1650 Super is like 50% faster than the 1050 ti. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgeBQx3gWnw

8 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Depends on the game, I would get whatever is cheaper, they're equal enough. Also consider that the RX 570 has way better driver support. It's 4 years older than the 1650 Super. It used to compete with a 1050 ti, not it competes with the 1650 Super. Now the 1650 Super is like 50% faster than the 1050 ti. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgeBQx3gWnw

The 1650 Super is being compared to the RX 580 though and someone said 1650 Super and RX 580 has similar performance.

I'll be playing GTA V, Warzone, Rainbow Six Siege, Apex Legends and some light games as well. 

Maybe look at the rx580 4gb cards. Those can't be used for (profitable) mining anymore so the price is much lower. Also, miners usually take very good care of their cards, they have to protect their investment, usually keeping temps low and efficiency high.