Laptop suggestions

Hi guys, I don't know if this is where i should post this, but I need some advice. I am looking for a laptop that I can run programs such as adobe animate and 3ds max. I would also like for it to play games . I'm not looking to spend a whole lot. Does anyone have suggestions for a laptop that can do all 9f that for under $600

Howdy and welcome :)

hopefully you will get more educated answers than mine. I encourage you to hold out hope.  There are some very computer educated people here.  As a result though they are also busy people and don’t always spend a lot of time staring at forums.  I am fairly far down that list but I’ll give you what little I can

AFAIK Can is possible.  Can do it well or fast is harder. The Adobe stuff is supposed to like intel better. I don’t know if that applies to Adobe animate or not though. I know nothing about 3ds max.  One of the difficulties here is it’s an international form so those could be US$, CAN$,  AUS$ or something else.  each of which have different values. Also there are different prices and availability in different nations.

Just randomly Assuming US$, looking at PcPartPicker.com using the “laptop” button at the bottom, The under $600 bracket seems largely filled with either apus or igpus. generally ryze5 3500U or celeron N4000 though there are a couple others.  Many have only 4gb of memory which will be problematic for many games and not good for video either.

So vega8 or some variant of intel UHD graphics.  Vega8 will run some lower end games

On that site the asus vivobook 15” seems the least unlikely contender.  It’s got 8 gb, a 3500u which is a 4/8 zen+ chip@2.1ghz so older and not so fast ryzen, but at least capable of some low end gaming.  You may want to be turning the screen down to 720p for many games. You’ll want to check the system requirements of those programs you listed to make sure they can run with that much (or little depending on how you count it) memory.  Also I can’t vouch for screen quality. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:48 AM, MrDunkinIceCube said:

Hi guys, I don't know if this is where i should post this, but I need some advice. I am looking for a laptop that I can run programs such as adobe animate and 3ds max. I would also like for it to play games . I'm not looking to spend a whole lot. Does anyone have suggestions for a laptop that can do all 9f that for under $600

If you need a decent dGPU, might want to consider used gaming laptops. If able to increase budget, get something like this: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/NH.Q9GAA.001

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128