Aux to Speaker Wire Functionality

GSTARR

Hello!

Rather than trying to cram my A/V receiver beside my desk somewhere, I'd like to connect my speakers to my pc directly. To do this I'd have to use some form of an AUX-to-Wire adapter such as this in order to connect them (there are 5 speakers in all - 5.1 setup).

I'd like to know if any of you have experience with, or foresee any problems with these. To me, it seems relatively straight forward but I thought I would ask since I've never seen them.

Shipping sucks

Unfortunately, this won't work.

The 3.5mm coming out of your PC is usually a fairly weak signal. Usually around 2 volts, up to 7 or so for the vast majority of products.

Speaker's need alot more power/wattage than any 3.5mm output can provide. The average set of PC speakers will be around 50 watts RMS, home theater speakers can easily be 400 watts RMS.

Personally my main speakers get 1500 watts RMS/6000 watts Peak each.

The AV receiver acts as an amplifier ontop of doing processing stuff. An amplifier has to be in the signal chain somewhere.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)