Need help testing my new rig!

Asad Javeed

Hello everyone! 

I just finished building my first PC and it seems to have been a great success! 

It looks fantastic, everything works the way it's supposed to and I have even been successful in installing drivers and updating the BIOS! 

My build is a humble Ryzen 5 3600, with the Gigabyte 5600xt Gaming OC on the Asus TUF B550-Plus motherboard. 

I have the Asus AI Suite 3 plus Armory Crate installed with AMD Radeon Software as the graphic settings control panel. 

I also installed the Aorus Engine (to give my GPU a slightly more aggressive fan curve) and RGB Fusion (for RGB control obviously). I ran Heaven Benchmark with the stock fan curve (72° at 40% fan speed with 79° Hotspot and avg. 84.4 FPS with a 8.8 FPS min) and then my custom fan curve (66° at 67% fan speed with 71° hotspot and avg. 85.2 FPS with a 35.0 FPS min). It was noticeably louder if I inched closer to the chassis.... But otherwise not at all. My ambient is around 30-35°

I don't know if this is a good result or a bad one though. And if it's even good running my fans at 67% when it's being so taxed (GPU-Z showed 99% load). 

I also want to test my CPU and see if my AIO (ML360R) is doing a gold job of keeping it cool under stress. 

So could someone recommend some programs to me that help me test my CPU and GPU to see how they are working and if everything is fine...?

Also, what's a good free program that would help me monitor this?

I use 3DMark benches like TimeSPY and FireStrike.

Cinebench R 15 and 20(AVX) are good for CPU only.

I think game bences are good as well. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Thank you! 

What do you guys think should be temperatures on a NON-OC 3600 with a 360mm AIO and a 5600XT...? 

And what fans speed should I aim to have that are safer in the long run for both the GPU and the chassis fans(3 intakes through rad and 3 exhaust)? 

I will be using CineBench R20 for CPU with HWInfo or CPU-Z and Heaven for GPU with GPU-Z and check stuff. 

After this I will get some games up and running and see the result :)

This is my jump from a 1050Ti Laptop. 

47 minutes ago, Asad Javeed said:

What do you guys think should be temperatures on a NON-OC 3600 with a 360mm AIO and a 5600XT...? 

And what fans speed should I aim to have that are safer in the long run for both the GPU and the chassis fans(3 intakes through rad and 3 exhaust)? 

Depends on the fan speeds. I’d say around 60-70c on a stress test. 

14 hours ago, gloop said:

Depends on the fan speeds. I’d say around 60-70c on a stress test. 

For both CPU and GPU? 

Would a Heaven Benchmark run and a CineBench run count as stress tests? 

2 hours ago, Asad Javeed said:

For both CPU and GPU? 

Would a Heaven Benchmark run and a CineBench run count as stress tests? 

Yes. If you want to be 100% sure for the CPU, if it can handle Prime95 it can handle anything. 

4 minutes ago, gloop said:

Yes. If you want to be 100% sure for the CPU, if it can handle Prime95 it can handle anything. 

Honestly... I just want to know the thermal performance so I can set curves for the fans :)

If fans run at 55% and less most of the time.... That's not bad right? (asking for both GPU and other fans) 

Just now, Asad Javeed said:

Honestly... I just want to know the thermal performance so I can set curves for the fans :)

If fans run at 55% and less most of the time.... That's not bad right? (asking for both GPU and other fans) 

No, as long as temps are fine you can set the fans to whatever speed.  I personally have my CPU Cooler to not spin at all when it’s at or below 35c. 

13 minutes ago, gloop said:

No, as long as temps are fine you can set the fans to whatever speed.  I personally have my CPU Cooler to not spin at all when it’s at or below 35c. 

I have my GPU fans at 43% from 0 to 30°....................