Planning a new build

xMystic

Budget (including currency): Around £800 for the time

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming at 1440p on new titles with streaming in mind too

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I am in dire need of a CPU upgrade so along with it I want to redo a lot of my PC. I made a part list of what I thought would be good. I already have the GPU, both memory types and RAM, just want to know if this is a decent build or if not what should be changed. I know a decent amount about computers and I'm confident enough to build it myself and I will most likely be overclocking my CPU to around 5Ghz if I can get it going. Somethings I don't really know that well is about cases and fans and what are best and what extra fans I need to buy for a case(if any), along with limited knowledge of AMD, that's why I am opted for Intel along with the ease of Intel. As a side note I may upgrade to a 30 Series GPU at some point too, just not  straight away, and that is partly why my PSU is quite high Wattage. Advice would be appriciated.

4 minutes ago, xMystic said:

Budget (including currency): Around £800 for the time

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming at 1440p on new titles with streaming in mind too

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I am in dire need of a CPU upgrade so along with it I want to redo a lot of my PC. I made a part list of what I thought would be good. I already have the GPU, both memory types and RAM, just want to know if this is a decent build or if not what should be changed. I know a decent amount about computers and I'm confident enough to build it myself and I will most likely be overclocking my CPU to around 5Ghz if I can get it going. Somethings I don't really know that well is about cases and fans and what are best and what extra fans I need to buy for a case(if any), along with limited knowledge of AMD, that's why I am opted for Intel along with the ease of Intel. As a side note I may upgrade to a 30 Series GPU at some point too, just not  straight away, and that is partly why my PSU is quite high Wattage. Advice would be appriciated.

9700k is overkill for a 2060 and a dead platform.

If you want intel and think you may upgrade to a 30 series card, get a 10600k.

If not get a 3600 and a B450/550 board.

A £50ish air cooler will also be plenty.

750W should be plenty for a 3080 or 3090 so I wouldn't go higher than that. (Wait and see though)

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/