Define R4 fan setup ?

Citizen Carnage
Go to solution Solved by Citizen Carnage,

Thanks for your input guy's Noctua it is.  :)

Hello all,

My fan plan for my Define R4 with window:

2x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition in the front.

1x Corsair AF140 140MM QUIET EDITION in the top.

1x Corsair AF140 140MM QUIET EDITION in the back.

CPU cooler is Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler w/dual NF-P12 Silent fans.

Any better ideas or changes ?

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
                                                                                                                         - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

have the front Intake and the back and top exhaust

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

2x AF120s in the top instead. I suggest you look at other fans though, The Corsair fans really aren't that great.

Hello all,

Maybe get 2x120mm fans on the top instead, that is all.

Welcome to LTT!

That's how my fans are configured; two in the front, one in the back and one on top. 

It's good to have one in the back as the heatsink will be pushing the hot air out that way, instead of two in the top.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hello all,

I would suggest NB E-Loops, Gentle Typhoons, or Noctua's, the Corsair fans aren't that good, even the quiet editions are fairly loud and they don't cool that well. Also the Corsair Quiet Editions are almost as expensive and Noctua NF-F12 fans.

That's how my fans are configured; two in the front, one in the back and one on top. 

It's good to have one in the back as the heatsink will be pushing the hot air out that way, instead of two in the top.

Depends on how you orient your heatsink.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Depends on how you orient your heatsink.

I bet he has it mounted horizontally. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I bet he has it mounted horizontally. 

Yes sir you are correct it will be mounted horizontally........

I was going to go with Noctua then sleepless nights of thinking about form over function :-) , made think colour scheme (Asus ROG motherboard). With the Noctua heat sink the centre piece.

But my be function should rule......

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

How about......

2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm 3-pin, 1300/1100/900rpm - Front intake

1x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 140MM, 3-PIN, 1200/1050/900RPM - Back exhaust

1x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 140MM, 3-PIN, 1200/1050/900RPM - Top exhaust

How about......

2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm 3-pin, 1300/1100/900rpm - Front intake

1x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 140MM, 3-PIN, 1200/1050/900RPM - Back exhaust

1x Noctua NF-A14 FLX 140MM, 3-PIN, 1200/1050/900RPM - Top exhaust

I have two NFP14s in the front, one NFA14 for rear and another NFA14 for the top. Works well for me.

Personally, I kept the stock Fractal Design Silent Series R2 140mm fans where they were (i.e., 1 back exhaust and 1 front intake), added two more (+1 front intake and 1 floor intake w/ fan grill) for additional positive pressure, and I have two Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm fans on my top-mounted Cooler Master Glacer 240L in a push configuration that provides some additional exhaust. All the intake fans are wired up to the integrated tri-channel fan controller at a perpetual 5V, the back ehxaust is connected directly to the motherboard, and the Noctuas and my pump are connected to a Swiftech PWM fan splitter box and running on silent mode.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Thanks for your input guy's Noctua it is.  :)