Cannot decide between several monitors

Exeon
So like many others I'm upgrading my GPU and am also looking at a new monitor.
Currently I'm looking for a 2K 27" monitor with minimum 144HZ with either a VA or IPS panel, I will be primarily gaming on it.
I'm currently looking at the following monitors:

- Asus TUF series: My worry on this model is that it has v1.2 of display port, I've heard that this doesn't actually work with G-Sync at all and that I would have to use the HDMI port instead
- Asus ROG Swift PG279Q: I can get this model at about the same price as the other ones here, However this model is older now so I'm not entirely sure if it's worth it at this point.
- LG 27GL850 : This model feels quite solid, though I noticed it has one of the worst contrast ratio's out there which has me worried
- Samsung Odyssey G7: This one has the obvious advantage of being 240hz, it's also better then my other options for HDR as it's VESA600 instead of 400, but I've heard this one has issues with G-Sync, it's also the most expensive option here. It also has a heavy Curve, I've never used a Curved monitor before so I'm neutral on it.

Any advice or experiences would be great

Can you actualy list the price

And can you list the model number of the 'Asus TUF series'

I can't help you without more info

As a wise master once said, 

Put as much effort into your question as you would expect a stranger to add to their answer!

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3800XT | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 4000Mhz CL18 | MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X | Two WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD | Corsair AX850 Titanium | Fractal Design Define 7 White, Solid

Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 16 | i9 9980H | 16 GB RAM |  1TB SSD | AppleCare+ | Space Grey

Peripherals: RAMA U-80 Lake | Logitech MX Master 3 | Kanto YU2 White + Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO 

Displays: LG GX 55"| Acer XB273K | Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q | LG 32UN650-W 

I have the LG 27GL850 personally and its fantastic. Only time the contrast ratio comes into affect is when you enable HDR mode, which I suggest you do not do since the monitors peak brightness is 350 nit. Otherwise, its rated as the best IPS gaming monitor on the market by Hardware unboxed who does great indepth reviews of monitors. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Duckson McQuack said:

Can you actualy list the price

And can you list the model number of the 'Asus TUF series'

I can't help you without more info

The asus TUF that I'm consdering is the VG27AQ, the reason why i mentioned series is because there are several models out there with minor differences, I've seen a 350 nits version and I've seen a VESA400 edition albeit a higher cost.

Current prices for me are:

Asus TUF VG27AQ is sitting at 350€, the LG 27GL850 is sitting at 400€ the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q is at 450€ and the Samsung G7 is 550€

I will be buying during black friday/Cyber monday so prices at this point don't matter yet, since I want the monitor to last for at least 5 years I don't mind paying a premium for something better, rather then upgrading again in the near future.

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I have the LG 27GL850 personally and its fantastic. Only time the contrast ratio comes into affect is when you enable HDR mode, which I suggest you do not do since the monitors peak brightness is 350 nit. Otherwise, its rated as the best IPS gaming monitor on the market by Hardware unboxed who does great indepth reviews of monitors. 

Yea I've seen the review, If the rated contrast wasn't so poor I would have most likely gone with the LG without much debate, the peak brightness is 400 though, since that monitor is VESA400 certified.

Though HDR for VESA400 is pretty meh, the samsung is a step up, but I don't expect "true" HDR in this range of monitors

6 minutes ago, Exeon said:

The asus TUF that I'm consdering is the VG27AQ, the reason why i mentioned series is because there are several models out there with minor differences, I've seen a 350 nits version and I've seen a VESA400 edition albeit a higher cost.

Current prices for me are:

Asus TUF VG27AQ is sitting at 350€, the LG 27GL850 is sitting at 400€ the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q is at 450€ and the Samsung G7 is 550€

I will be buying during black friday/Cyber monday so prices at this point don't matter yet, since I want the monitor to last for at least 5 years I don't mind paying a premium for something better, rather then upgrading again in the near future.

Yea I've seen the review, If the rated contrast wasn't so poor I would have most likely gone with the LG without much debate, the peak brightness is 400 though, since that monitor is VESA400 certified.

Though HDR for VESA400 is pretty meh, the samsung is a step up, but I don't expect "true" HDR in this range of monitors

I dont see any issues with the low contrast personally. Everything looks great to me. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

On 9/6/2020 at 6:54 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

I dont see any issues with the low contrast personally. Everything looks great to me. 

Thanks for the advice.

After some more thought and reviews I'm scrapping both the Asus ROG Swift and TUF lines from the list, their performance in response times just isn't up to par with the LG, the only area in which they beat the LG is contrast, but since HDR is pretty much non-existant It's not worth going for the Asus monitors.

It's going to be between the LG and the Samsung and the upcoming monitors that are set to release this month.

I'm currently leaning towards a 2K@240hz monitor just because I feel like the 3080 will push beyond 144FPS in many titles.

It'l largely depend on the price when I decide to buy.