Doom Eternal: Nvidia RTX 3080 vs Overclocked RTX 2080 Ti Video

Valkyrie743

Nvidia dropped Doom Eternal trailer today (9/3/20) showing the FPS increase with a RTX 3080 vs an RTX 2080 Ti

i found this interesting being that they didnt show what cpu they were using as well as the clock speeds of the 2080 Ti. i would guess it was stock. but judging by the CPU frame times in the graph, the cpu is either a stock 9900K or maybe lower. not sure. either way i thought that being i have my 2080 Ti overclocked i would play the same part of the trailer (its an in game rendered cutscene) near the end of the level Doom Hunter Base

on the right you see my 2080 Ti which is clocked at 2100 mhz core and 1825 mhz memory (custom open loop temps never go past 44C) so clocks are rock solid stable. with a 9900K at 5ghz all core and ring overclock set to 4.7ghz memory is 32gb at 3200ghz

the leap that they show is pretty massive imo and awesome to see but after seeing it compared to a overclocked 2080 Ti im shocked at how much difference there was compared to the what i guess is the stock 2080 Ti they were showing and whatever cpu they were running.

EDIT : My bad

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

that profile picture makes me uncomfortable -.-

atleast use a new picture of hamilton

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

From stock to stock looks like ~50% more fps than a 2080Ti if i did the math right. Of course the 3080 can only get better if it's overclocked aswell. And for 699$ this seems great compared to 1200$ 2080Ti's a few days ago ;)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

From stock to stock looks like ~50% more fps than a 2080Ti if i did the math right. Of course the 3080 can only get better if it's overclocked aswell. And for 699$ this seems great compared to 1200$ 2080Ti's a few days ago ;)

Yeah, from what they said about a 3080 being double a 2080 in performance, I expected it to be 50-60% faster than a 2080Ti.

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

You can see right in the video overlay it's running a 9900k with GPU clocks visible... It's 5 seconds into the video..

image.png.fba90a6081327d52844a45b4849dd2d8.png

that my card .....    the left side of the video is the bench from nvidia. the right side is my 2080 ti.  the video starts off showing a stock 2080 Ti then they switch to 3080  

the bench nvidia shown does not show the cpu 

6 minutes ago, Valkyrie743 said:

that my card .....    the left side of the video is the bench from nvidia. the right side is my 2080 ti.  the video starts off showing a stock 2080 Ti then they switch to 3080  

the bench nvidia shown does not show the cpu 

Good to know.  That was confusing at first lol.

A majority of the users are not going to overclock as much as you did. So on a stock-to-stock comparison, this seems perfectly normal. 

Suffice to say, if you'd overclock a 3080 sufficiently, you could see even higher gap between the two.

PC: Acer Predator Helios 300: corei7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB SSD+1024GB HDD, Logitech G102 Prodigy+Circle Gaming Pro.