Intel Xeon W-21xxB (Apple only) work in ASUS WS C422 SAGE/10G?

Hi,

I've got a couple of ASUS WS C422 SAGE/10G mobos.  Does anyone know if the Apple specific Intel Xeon W-21xxB CPU's will work in them?    

Any C422 CPU will work with any C422 motherboard.

Thanks for the reply.  ASUS's website doesn't list any of the Xeon W 21xxB models on their CPU compatibly charts for any of their C422 boards.  I was hoping that someone here had some experience using the Apple only versions of the Xeon W in a C422 mobo. 

Just don't want to buy one, then it not work, and be stuck with it. 🙂

1 hour ago, Just Another Tech Guy said:

Thanks for the reply.  ASUS's website doesn't list any of the Xeon W 21xxB models on their CPU compatibly charts for any of their C422 boards.  I was hoping that someone here had some experience using the Apple only versions of the Xeon W in a C422 mobo. 

Just don't want to buy one, then it not work, and be stuck with it. 🙂

I can not say specifically about your ASUS motherboard, but they are confirmed to work in OEM boards like Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Supermicro. I do not see any reason that the B chips would not also work in your ASUS board.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I took a gamble and bought a couple of W-2140b CPUs.  They worked just fine.  I didn't even have to update the BIOS for them to be recognized correctly.  

12 hours ago, Just Another Tech Guy said:

Update:

I took a gamble and bought a couple of W-2140b CPUs.  They worked just fine.  I didn't even have to update the BIOS for them to be recognized correctly.  

Great! Out of curiosity, could you share the turbo steppings per core? This information is not readily available online. All I currently know is that it does 4.2GHz on the first two cores and 3.9GHz with 7-8 cores. Information about turbo for 3-4 and 5-6 is unknown. The information should be easy to find with a tool like HWiNFO:

image.png.789485e07e80b69429142382d615c3b1.png

Cheers