Mobo+Cpu+Cooler deal

QVWU
Go to solution Solved by Haro,
1 minute ago, QVWU said:

and will zen 3 really benefit me that much ?

If leaks are one thing to go by, yes it seems really promising. 

I was planning to upgrade my i5 7500 system for a long time and came across an interesting deal (I live in Turkey so the pricing may be a little different),

Ryzen 9 3900 + GIGABYTE B450M S2H + Arctic Freezer 34 eSports DUO priced at 4000₺ (545$) (A Ryzen 9 3900x from a major retailer costs around 500$ brand new)

The seller claims that all the parts are in working condition + all the partse he listed have warranty eg.

I am also running a 1050ti in my system (will upgrade that later) ,2x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz. ,Zalman 600w PSU, I also have ax1500 laying around.

I was thinking of switching the mobo after I bought the deal, I would like to hear you guys recommendations.

AMD RYZEN 9 3900X  +B450M + (1).png

that board is not made for a 3900x and will throttle the cpu unless you direct some air to the vrm, other than that, do you need a 3900x? what's your workload? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

18 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

that board is not made for a 3900x and will throttle the cpu unless you direct some air to the vrm, other than that, do you need a 3900x? what's your workload? 

I only play games on this system, mostly cpu intensive games. I dont think i need a 3900x but im not on a tight budget + I dont want to upgrade again in 1-2 years.

I was thinking of switching the mobo... do you have any recommendations ?

10 hours ago, QVWU said:

play games on this system,

yea a 3600 is more than enough and performs similarly since games do not scale up to 12 cores, and you could go with a better gpu which will be more beneficial.

10 hours ago, QVWU said:

im not on a tight budget

what's your budget exactly?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

16 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

yea a 3600 is more than enough and performs similarly since games do not scale up to 12 cores, and you could go with a better gpu which will be more beneficial.

what's your budget exactly?

My budget is around 1500$, 3600 may be enough if i was just playing but I was planning to host some games too(hoi4). I dont know how many cores it will take but i know for a fact that my current cpu cant handle it thats all i know about hosting server

10 hours ago, QVWU said:

My budget is around 1500$

you could wait for zen 3 and ampere and big navi and check what it has to offer. 

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

you could wait for zen 3 and ampere and big navi and check what it has to offer. 

I was waiting on that for my gpu upgrade... but my current cpu makes me suffer thats why im a little bit out of patience about it :) and will zen 3 really benefit me that much ?

1 minute ago, QVWU said:

and will zen 3 really benefit me that much ?

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

And im trying to act fast because turkish lira is not satable and i get paid in usd so i can benefit from it right now but few months later it might stableize again

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Well thank you for answering my stupid questions, I will wait for zen 3 :)

7 minutes ago, QVWU said:

And im trying to act fast because turkish lira is not satable and i get paid in usd so i can benefit from it right now but few months later it might stableize again

Worst case scenario you'll save up more and if you weren't able to get zen 3, you'll get zen 2 for cheaper potentially. 

Build Log: