Proprietary connections?

I have a Dell 7020 which I am planning to gut, so I can save money as I move to  bigger case. I have other things sorted out, but my question is will a standard 4 pin connector work with the motherboard as a cpu power cable? Or has Dell switched the wiring so you are unable to do so?

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

It looks like it has a non standard motherboard power connector and front panel connectors.

I knew about the front panel connectors, but dang. I've tried to find an adapter but I have had no luck. I was trying to save the 120 or so dollars not buying a new mobo, but i think i might have to. 

Had a dell 7010 mobo and I did have to cut and solder stuff to make it fit in a normal case.  For ther 7010 the cpu power connector was standard and only the stuff in the front of the case was proprietary.  I don't know about your model tho.

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 7:15 AM, Dr0y said:

Had a dell 7010 mobo and I did have to cut and solder stuff to make it fit in a normal case.  For ther 7010 the cpu power connector was standard and only the stuff in the front of the case was proprietary.  I don't know about your model tho.

Sorry i never got back to you. I ended up just buying a new motherboard, i had planned to buy all the adapters but i found to do that would cost me as much as purchasing a new mobo that will have more features.