CPU temps suddenly high

Just a week or two ago i checked my CPU temp again and it seemed pretty high.

i'm using an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with the stock cooler and am getting around 60 degrees idle,(it used to be 35-45).

I checked task manager and it said that the CPU usage was only at 15%.

Please help.

And what are load temps? if load temps are similar/ good then don't worry about it for the most part, idle temps do not matter, load temps do.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, lucas bushnell said:

Just a week or two ago i checked my CPU temp again and it seemed pretty high.

i'm using an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with the stock cooler and am getting around 60 degrees idle,(it used to be 35-45).

I checked task manager and it said that the CPU usage was only at 15%.

Please help.

How old is the pc? If it’s a few years old the stock thermal paste might need replacing 

10 hours ago, lucas bushnell said:

and while doing it my CPU reached 95C which is very high.

first of all please don't use user benchmark, second of all, what cpu and cooler and what are you using to monitor temps. 

and ambient temps? case airflow?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

11 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

And what are load temps? if load temps are similar/ good then don't worry about it for the most part, idle temps do not matter, load temps do.

I did a Userbenchmark (https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32290231) and while doing it my CPU reached 95C which is very high.

Just now, lucas bushnell said:

I did a Userbenchmark (https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32290231) and while doing it my CPU reached 95C which is very high.

Do you have any sort of overclock on your cpu? You should try to repast and reseat the cooler.

Also, avoid userbenchmark. I guess it’s fine for putting the cpu under load, but the scores are meaningless.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

10 minutes ago, MTrencovski said:

How old is the pc? If it’s a few years old the stock thermal paste might need replacing 

I built my pc 1 year ago

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Do you have any sort of overclock on your cpu? You should try to repast and reseat the cooler.

Also, avoid userbenchmark. I guess it’s fine for putting the cpu under load, but the scores are meaningless.

I didn't overclock my cpu

Start simple

- dust out the stock cooler and rest of the case and make sure the fan plug is seated properly;

- if that doesn't improve things, inspect the fan to ensure it's spinning properly;

- if it is, check the fan curve in your BIOS in case you have it set to some sort of silent mode where the fan speed doesn't ramp up unless really hot;

- if all is normal on that front, replace the stock thermal paste, perhaps it went bad;

- if no improvement after all that effort, invest in a better cooler. 

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

1 minute ago, IrshaadH said:

Start simple

- dust out the stock cooler and rest of the case and make sure the fan plug is seated properly;

- if that doesn't improve things, inspect the fan to ensure it's spinning properly;

- if it is, check the fan curve in your BIOS in case you have it set to some sort of silent mode where the fan speed doesn't ramp up unless really hot;

- if all is normal on that front, replace the stock thermal paste, perhaps it went bad;

- if no improvement after all that effort, invest in a better cooler. 

I was just thinking of doing that