Radiator help please.

Hi, Im looking to install some sort of AIO radiator into my case. I have a CM 690 II Case and reading from the manufacturers website here are the top fan mount dimensions.

Top: 140 x 25 mm fan x 1 / 1200 RPM / 19 dBA (supports 120 / 140 mm fan x 2)

I have done some measurements and i dont think that i have enough space for a radiator in the top without modifications. I currently have a 120mm fan in there which i think is ~2.5cm thick. Radiators i have looked at (Swiftech H220, H100i, and H100) seem to have dimensions ~3cm. Due to this i dont think that i have the space to mount it as i would like in the top compartment of the case.

Looking at the case i notice that the bracket has mounting holes, is it possible to sandwich the case's bracket between the radiator and the fans so that i have the radiator hanging above the motherboard (3cm gap in pictures) and the fans in the top of the case (2.5cm gap in pictures) or am i being silly and i have room to mount it in the top?

2GFSFdAh.jpg

a3lcskvh.jpg

xfqj1h7h.jpg

lYqhYYSh.jpg

Many Thanks

Edit: Also current idle temps
min:48°c/118°f
max:51°c/123°f

I had a CM 690 II for a long time. I put a radiator hanging from the top. And then I blue tacked (yes ghetto) fans on top of it and squashed it all down with the top. The worked.

Then I decided to be even more ghetto and I put the radiator in the top section and blue tacked it down and had the fans hanging underneath. That also worked although it required a lot of getting pliers and ripping chunks of metal out to make space for the fittings.

LmbVZz9.jpg

SNyTmqN.jpg

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I had a CM 690 II for a long time. I put a radiator hanging from the top. And then I blue tacked (yes ghetto) fans on top of it and squashed it all down with the top. The worked.

Then I decided to be even more ghetto and I put the radiator in the top section and blue tacked it down and had the fans hanging underneath. That also worked although it required a lot of getting pliers and ripping chunks of metal out to make space for the fittings.

Thats awesome! So its *possible* that even if it doesn't fit into the top, i can disconnect the fans and hang them underneath (or on top).

Thats awesome! So its *possible* that even if it doesn't fit into the top, i can disconnect the fans and hang them underneath (or on top).

If your prepared to do some ghetto surgical procedures on your case then yes. :)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.