150~200 Dollar Headset ?

exotioner

So, basically my birthday is coming up very soon, and my family wants me to make a wish list. Easy, right ?
No. I don't need anything, except a new PC, which, will probably be too expensive.
Also, they refuse to ONLY give me money so I can save up, which I don't get.

My Siberia V2's are getting to.. Well, it's last couple of months I guess, so I was wondering which headset to put on my list of stuff I'd want.

I just saw Linus' video (again) on the Siberia Elite Headset, and so far I'm a steelseries only headset user (never used anything else)
I hope someone here can give a couple of good suggestions, as I'm bland on what to do.
Also, Headphones isn't really my thing, because I move around alot between my (divorced) parents, and therefore don't want to carry an external microphone around.

Any suggestions welcome, and thanks in advance ! :D

May I suggest a WAY better solution?

Grab some HD558'S

and a snowflake

or a modmic

HD558'S-http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A

SnowFlake-http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowflake-USB-Microphone/dp/B0012AUHXW

ModMic-http://www.modmic.com/

The modmic attaches and is easy, the snowflake is really portable.

Diamond 5 in League :)

I have to say i both really like and dislike your idea. I've grown into loving headsets more than I did to headphones, even if I can get a Snowflake of Modmic for it.

So by any chance, do you have any other ideas ? :L

Well, there are the ASTRO A40'S, Razer Kraken 7.1, Vengeance 1500 V2,

(If you want the Astro's you cant get the mixamp unless you want the $250 one.)

The reason I reccomended headphone and mic is because the sound quality and EVERYTHING is better.

The reason I reccomended headphone and mic is because the sound quality and EVERYTHING is better.

I appreciate your thought, but ''sadly'' I've grown into a ''gaming session'' with headsets. 

i kind of hate I will get to the point where I will look past the convenience of an all in one, and will go with Audiophile solutions some time later, but for now, this is what I want and need :)

Afterall, I'm not an audiophile like some of the people on this forum, which I'm completely fine with. As I say myself, Whatever floats your boat ! :D

Anyways, I do like the Astro's, but I've heard a few complains about them, though their minor. Would you pick the A40's over the Elites ? 

(Only asking that comparison because I'm used to Steelseries, and haven't been dissappointed yet :D )

I have to say i both really like and dislike your idea. I've grown into loving headsets more than I did to headphones, even if I can get a Snowflake of Modmic for it.

So by any chance, do you have any other ideas ? :L

Vengance 2100. 

I appreciate your thought, but ''sadly'' I've grown into a ''gaming session'' with headsets. 

i kind of hate I will get to the point where I will look past the convenience of an all in one, and will go with Audiophile solutions some time later, but for now, this is what I want and need :)

Afterall, I'm not an audiophile like some of the people on this forum, which I'm completely fine with. As I say myself, Whatever floats your boat ! :D

Anyways, I do like the Astro's, but I've heard a few complains about them, though their minor. Would you pick the A40's over the Elites ? 

(Only asking that comparison because I'm used to Steelseries, and haven't been dissappointed yet :D )

Honestly I forgot a better solution, the logitech G930 wireless or wired version.

I have the Astro a40s( Neon red ;))  and I used razer virtual 7.1 audio to get my surround sound in games. No complaints here :) 

Keep in mind you better have a good audio source. I have the Maximus 6 Formula which by far has the best on board audio solution out of all the other motherboards so my sound and mic quality are both very good. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |