Techardy - Tech Jeopardy Idea

Zaf9670

So I am really enjoying the idea of the follow-up LTX digital event Techardy/Tech-Jeopardy. I know that people in the live stream were suggesting the ability to participate or have the Tech Tubers bring along a community member to join.

But... What about the hundreds/thousands of us that also want to play and probably can't tag along? Something that could be fun if enough techy members of the LTT community banded together might be an opensource project that allows us to make our own follow along option at home.

This may not even be feasible to create/make in time for the event but I'm thinking something similar to the 1 vs 100 game that used to be on the Xbox 360. But then this turns from Techardy to more like Who Wants to be a Millionaire but I still think it would be a fun way to wrap the community into the project.

I just wanted to offload my idea to the community and see if others feel the same. I have zero coding skills but I can definitely help troubleshoot or manage a project if one were to start.

I like this idea. But I dont know if it would be possible for a dedicated app to happen. My idea (based on yours) is a kahoot or mentimeter quiz type activity.

LTT could make a quiz on one of those platforms (or a similar one) and do a livestream where people can participate and maybe do some giveaways to people in the lead at certain points if there are sponsors who want to do that. Linus and any other hosts could be commenting on and running the game or playing it while another LMG staff runs it. The livestream would be showing the game so everyone can see the screen and either join the game or just watch and see if they know the right answer.

Kahoot has a maximum size of 2000 people so instead of it being open to everyone, they could choose fans from social media, the forum, or people who had bought tickets to attend LTX. Mentimeter however does allow an unlimited number of people and claims to be able to get up to 20,000 votes in at once. I have never used it though so I dont know if that would be an ideal platform to use. Another one I found is ahaslides which also has a max of 2000 but I dont know anything about it. In order to get that many people, LMG would need a paid account but those only cost a few hundred and not a few thousand (like 3 new computers).

The quizzes could consist of question about all types of tech from video game trivia to basic computer knowledge to specific features of different chipsets. LMG could make the quiz themselves or get some help from the community (I know I would try to help). Maybe if there was a post on here, people would be able to comment some questions they think would be fun and challenging?

I dont know if LMG wants recommendation for LTX replacements here though, so I am also going to be posting this on the video recommendations post.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

I wasn't quite sure where to put the idea. I knew the stream was going to be the "keep our event manager employed" idea.

But I'm glad you knew of some options that already exist. I just really want to participate myself if it's possible so I figured an anyone can join in style app/program would be nice. Something almost similar to how the Jackbox Party Pack web based app works.