Slim laptop for video editing

I'm looking to purchase a new laptop that is gonna mainly be used for video editing and music production

I have a maximum budget of 1500€ (I live in France)

I hope that I can find one that isn't too heavy or too chunky

It would be perfect if it can be something without extremely loud fans which is crucial for audio recording.

I'm open to both AMD and Intel based systems.

2 minutes ago, Despacitus said:

I'm looking to purchase a new laptop that is gonna mainly be used for video editing and music production

I have a maximum budget of 1500€ (I live in France)

I hope that I can find one that isn't too heavy or too chunky

It would be perfect if it can be something without extremely loud fans which is crucial for audio recording.

I'm open to both AMD and Intel based systems.

Thin and not loud fans under load are well not happening. Your best bet is to get a thicker laptop with a good cooling solution then as those run a lot more quiet under cpu load due to just being able to cool better.

21 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Thin and not loud fans under load are well not happening. Your best bet is to get a thicker laptop with a good cooling solution then as those run a lot more quiet under cpu load due to just being able to cool better.

Well it seems reasonable. So if I accept that fact do you have any light weight portable suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Despacitus said:

Well it seems reasonable. So if I accept that fact do you have any light weight portable suggestions?

I was looking at a xmg core 15 amd version for myself and it has multiple fan profiles that you can enforce with the press of a button. It is far overpowered for your needs most likely and the cheapest version (around 1000€) will more than do. It comes with a ryzen 4600h and gtx 1650ti. Macbooks are also an option since they go for silence but sacrifice performance.

There are of course devices that are more silence focused in the windows space but most use an intel u series and from what I've seen around those aren't usually good enough to do music production on once things get a little more complex. There are amd u series devices that have the 4700u and 4500u and those fair better but still you would very much prefer a more full power cpu and that is where you get in the territory of gaming laptops that don't care too much about noise.

There are some devices out there like the aforementioned xmg laptop which is just a clevo rebadged laptop and those give you the option to perform extremely well at the cost of silence, perform well at pretty quiet levels or become whisper silent at slightly better amd u series levels of performance. Which is nice to have when you need it to be quiet you can force it to be with the press of a button and when you need better performance you can press the button too and let it go wild.

28 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I was looking at a xmg core 15 amd version for myself and it has multiple fan profiles that you can enforce with the press of a button. It is far overpowered for your needs most likely and the cheapest version (around 1000€) will more than do. It comes with a ryzen 4600h and gtx 1650ti. Macbooks are also an option since they go for silence but sacrifice performance.

There are of course devices that are more silence focused in the windows space but most use an intel u series and from what I've seen around those aren't usually good enough to do music production on once things get a little more complex. There are amd u series devices that have the 4700u and 4500u and those fair better but still you would very much prefer a more full power cpu and that is where you get in the territory of gaming laptops that don't care too much about noise.

There are some devices out there like the aforementioned xmg laptop which is just a clevo rebadged laptop and those give you the option to perform extremely well at the cost of silence, perform well at pretty quiet levels or become whisper silent at slightly better amd u series levels of performance. Which is nice to have when you need it to be quiet you can force it to be with the press of a button and when you need better performance you can press the button too and let it go wild.

Wow I've just looked up their website and this seems amazing! and it's all configurable
Thank you very much I really appreciate it!