Ok so here is what's going on. I have a Gtx 1650 low profile and a i7-2600 lying around and thought. I guess I'll make a decent gaming PC with them. So I found a refurbished Dell Optiplex 390, but before I buy it, I want to know if my i7-2600 and my Gtx 1650 low profile will work in this PC. I don't want to buy this PC and it just turned out to be a waste of money. Any help is appreciated. Links to anything helpful is also appreciated too

According to the manual for the optiplex 390 the highest chip it shipped with was a: Intel® Core™ i5 2400 / 3.10GHz, 6M, VT-x, 95W

My first response would be, no don't buy a dell or any brand name used pc. They use cheap no-name power supplies and crappy scaled down motherboards with many bios functions removed.

For a 2-series processor you should be able to get a proper motherboard for almost free second hand,

Something like https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ASUS-P88H67-M-Pro-Socket-LGA1155-Motherboard-w-IO-Shield-AS-IS/333694910976?epid=127397207&hash=item4db1c44200:g:8KUAAOSwxUFfPruA

Of course there are 10 000 dell optiplex, hp and lenovo server boards, just grosssss.

Alternatively check the forums for someone that still has a old board lying around that they want to sell, I personally still use that exact setup as a linux game server.

9 minutes ago, Lipe123 said:

According to the manual for the optiplex 390 the highest chip it shipped with was a: Intel® Core™ i5 2400 / 3.10GHz, 6M, VT-x, 95W

My first response would be, no don't buy a dell or any brand name used pc. They use cheap no-name power supplies and crappy scaled down motherboards with many bios functions removed.

For a 2-series processor you should be able to get a proper motherboard for almost free second hand,

Something like https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ASUS-P88H67-M-Pro-Socket-LGA1155-Motherboard-w-IO-Shield-AS-IS/333694910976?epid=127397207&hash=item4db1c44200:g:8KUAAOSwxUFfPruA

Of course there are 10 000 dell optiplex, hp and lenovo server boards, just grosssss.

Alternatively check the forums for someone that still has a old board lying around that they want to sell, I personally still use that exact setup as a linux game server.

Yes, but since it is a LGA 1155 socket it can technically support an i7-2600 am I right? And I will also be upgrading the PSU for future upgrades and replacing the stock 8 gb of ram to 16 gb of ram

2 minutes ago, lexusgamer05 said:

Old Dell OptiPlex's and other prebuilts are great for upgrading like this, and the older ones usually can have their PSU's swapped easily

Yes, the socket will support a 2600, but the BIOS may not, so I'd buy and it will most likely work, and if it doesn't you may be able to find a custom BIOS

Do you think you could confirm if my bios has a bios update, or a custom bios? I'm sorry I really am a noob lol

Ok thanks for the feedback fellas. It was greatly appreciated

On 8/23/2020 at 12:14 AM, lexusgamer05 said:

Sorry, I can't confirm that without actually physically having your board to boot up and check

The motherboard is a Dell Optiplex 390 MT M5DCD.

Sorry for late responses btw guys. I was getting help on the discord as well.