Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohms or 250 ohms

Demonicreature

Hey guys, I just want to ask, are there any difference between the 2 and also will the 250ohms version work on say an ipod touch or ipad since I'll get a desktop amp.

Well, the difference is the ohm impedance evidently. And yeah the 250 ohm will work on an ipod but will be very quiet and you'll have to have it on max volume most of the time. Wouldn't recommend that, but if you have an amp for you desktop, depending on the power of the amp it'll be fine. (most amps will be able to power 250 ohm).

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

If you're going to be using it for ipods and other mobile devices, go for the 32ohm one. Simple as that really.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I sort of recall hearing something about 32 ohm versions of Beyer headphones sound worse than their higher ohm counterparts, so for that reason I'd look at the 80 ohm version. That should work fine on pretty much everything. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I sort of recall hearing something about 32 ohm versions of Beyer headphones sound worse than their higher ohm counterparts, so for that reason I'd look at the 80 ohm version. That should work fine on pretty much everything. 

Problem is they are much more expensive as their 32 and 250ohms counterparts

Problem is they are much more expensive as their 32 and 250ohms counterparts

I can run the 250 ohm on my phone fine but I have to turn the volume all the way up so it would vary for everyone. It'll be on the edge of being fine or being too quiet. 

Generally for you want a low Impedance for things such as phone and ipod/mp3 player outputs and some laptops as well, Higher impedances are used much more in professional audio solutions (like recording studios) where at any moment there could be a load bang from someone unplugging a microphone without warning or a clumsy sound engineer sends an extremely high signal to the headphones by mistake.

Other than volume there will be almost no differences in audio quality so it just depends on what you will be using them for.