Best way to rip CD's

nickdemartin
Go to solution Solved by Bluethulhu,

I use Foobar2000 for ripping and always rip to FLAC, although 320 LAME MP3 is probably good enough depending on your audio equipment.

So a sibling has recently found about 500 or so CD's. I am in the process of ripping them now, does anyone have a software that is better then windows media player? Some are scratched, from what I've heard from them skipping or things of that nature haven't shown up. I am ripping in MP3 320 kbps, is there any better format to have less compression on the CD's? If you have any tips they are much appreciated, especially since I am only in the beginning 40 or so CD's. As usual; thank you in advance!

My system- I7 3770k (4.8ghz), Asus Maximus V Extreme, Corsair H110, Windows 8 Pro, Gigabyte HD 7970, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w, Corsair H110, Corsair Vengance 2X8gb 1866 (OC2133), Samsung 840 500gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, and all housed in a NZXT Switch 810.

I use Foobar2000 for ripping and always rip to FLAC, although 320 LAME MP3 is probably good enough depending on your audio equipment.

Spoiler

EAC is easily my favorite way to rip CD's, just rip em to flac, and use FreeDB to tag it all for you, takes out the pain in ripping CD's :)

Found this to be the better option, thank you~

My system- I7 3770k (4.8ghz), Asus Maximus V Extreme, Corsair H110, Windows 8 Pro, Gigabyte HD 7970, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w, Corsair H110, Corsair Vengance 2X8gb 1866 (OC2133), Samsung 840 500gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, and all housed in a NZXT Switch 810.

EAC is easily my favorite way to rip CD's, just rip em to flac, and use FreeDB to tag it all for you, takes out the pain in ripping CD's :)

+1 to this. Exact Audio Copy always ensures that your CD is copied with no errors.

Edit: Sorry missed that you figured it out already.