Any good scanners for Linux?

I used to have a pretty decent scanner, but it required proprietary drivers and when the printer ran out of ink the scanner stopped functioning.  Are there any scanners (JUST the scanner, no all-in-one) that will work well with Linux?  I've looked at the list of supported hardware for the SANE page but it's a bit hard to navigate. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.

12 hours ago, sp331yi said:

I would like to note that those still use SANE, they are just Graphical Front Ends.

Really anything that has a status of complete under http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html should work fine. Just research the compatible devices in question to see if it fits your needs.

I can't give any personal input as we use HP All In Ones with the hplip driver.

Edited by Nayr438

2 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

I can't give any personal input as we use HP All In Ones with the proprietary hplip driver.

Note that the HPLIP driver is in fact open source. It's included in all major Linux distributions, usually as the hplip package.